• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Tri-Fold Pamphlet

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

Okay, since I'm currently unemployed and with little else to do during the day I decided to see what kind of OC tri-fold pamphlet I could create. I took my inspiration from similar ones that other states have, namely VA and ID.

I could use everyone's input, advice, criticism, comments and whatever else on everything (layout, content, formatting, etc)....HOWEVER I don't know how to upload a copy for y'all to see :banghead:

Also I saw that the others are in .PDF format....and that's something else I don't know how to do.

As of right now it's a VERY rough draft and little more than a template for improvements.

albritton77

imported post

I can convert to PDF format for you. (Heck, I can do just about anything computer related.) Drop me a line if you would like my assistance.

mikealbritton AT aol DOT com

doublewide

imported post

Great idea! I'll be glad to review, suggest ideas, edit, proofread, whatever I can to help. In my mind, based on my recent studying of statutes, legal decisions, etc. I think I have it down to a pretty concise explanation but I might suggest a legal review when it's done.

Gary

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

Okay, here's the first version of the pamphlet.

I had some of the text in different fonts that apparently didn't come through. Not a big deal.

Bring it on everyone, tell me what you think, what should be added, and so on...

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

Okay, I've posted my 2nd revision of my pamphet as a WORD document, I figured out a way to do the PDF but I lose some of the text formatting (I have a solution to that, I think) but I wanted everyone, or most, to see exactly what I came up with as this progresses.

One of the biggest things I've changed from the original version is with the center and right "pages" on the inside, I've gone ahead and included a "common sense" summary of the law with the CRS code instead of the simplistic presentation it was at first.

One of my ideas was to the have the left page of the inside just a simple overview of where to not carry. The whole blue background was thrown in as an afterthought, lol.

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

I have what I consider to be a final version DONE!

Changed from my most recent version: I got rid of the huge blue box, and added a bit about reciprocity and duty to notify...aside from that there has only been some minor font changes.

I was expecting more input but I'm still happy with the end result.

ecgoin

imported post

NICE. having some issue with my old printer getting a 2 sided print (1 side then the other). they don't line up just right. some cutting on the edges works well, still not just right.

Really nice! I'm taking 3-4 to work with me...some of the guys have been asking questions about this. They know my view. 3 at work do want this.

zig-zag

imported post

Very well done do you mind if i download and print some out for friends of mine who carry also and to take to the gun ranges. Ed

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
Please feel free to use the pamphlet at you see fit. I'm not going to claim any copyrights on it.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I noticed a typo that has since been fixed.
Nice work - would you mind posting the .doc version?

I know it's a nitpick but the aspect ratio of the flag looks off.

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

I was bored again today so I designed a "wallet card" that is a simplified version of the pamphlet I did a couple weeks ago.

It's not a reminder of what to say or not to say to police, just something we can hand out to anyone if we feel like it.

Right now it's just a couple .jpg images and I can tweak the design of it if enough people would like something like this. As before if anyone has anything to offer to improve it I'd be happy to hear it.

mrgreencom

imported post

Thank you, thank you, just what I was looking for! Now I need to print a bunch. :D