Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA AG Candidate Dave Foster is throwing a party...

Post imported post

Ohhhh My... Just WOW.

Is this guy for real? Aligning himself with [img]file:///C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]Jeannemarie Davis, bragging about her support? I would be ashamed to have a RINO such as Jeannemarie Davis host a reception for me. For those who are missing my point, Davis brought Bloomberg to VA to stage an anti-gun rally in NoVA before her defeat to Chap Petersen. She ran anti-gun advertisements on TV and everything... I wonder if Foster knows her history. Anyone get contact info for him at the meeting in Dec?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Contact info?

Eww. I wouldn't have contact with him. He came off as too polished, insincere. The "too perfect" K Street haircut didn't help, either.

Nope, something about that guy leaves me completely unsurprised by this revelation.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey, Naked. I've got an idea. Lets get a bunch of kids who support the 2nd Amendment and bus them in to her party! We can make a big banner, too!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hey, Naked. I've got an idea. Lets get a bunch of kids who support the 2nd Amendment and bus them in to her party! We can make a big banner, too!
    According to the Brady Bunch, I'm still a "child". :? That's how they get their "figures" of how many "children" are killed with firearms, because they include all the gangbangers up to age 25.

Post imported post

Excuse me for a second. I have to go brush my teeth and rinse with listerene. I just threw up a little.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Oh. I want to attend.

Armed.

Remember, Tom Davis cares much more about the Party than the People.

Until now, I had thought that Foster, though, was the least of three evils. Guess I'll have to do more soul-searching.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

HA! I am with Citizen, no surprise there. Before I saw this thread someone asked me, "Guess who is hosting a party for Foster?" DD was my 2d guess. An OCDO'er that I find completely obnoxious was my first guess.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

:Pto the umptenth power......................

you know what...i wanna run for delegate....oh wait damn i dont have any money and dont know anyone important.....darn and i thought my good values and honest concern for the citizens and there familiys would be enough...oh well there is always in my dreams i guess..............

Post imported post

I got the same email as I registered as a delegate for Cuccinelli.

Screw that quisling Foster.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Oh. I want to attend. Armed.
    That may not work out, it's being held at a law office (private property). CC /w a GSL button is how I'd go.

Devolites-Davis' anti-gun advertisement:
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/iGZkIydbOeY&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

Fosters speech to VCDL:
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/Vd7RWLRzysM&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

Post imported post

One more:
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/Hobf91i7IHY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

The answer to Dave Foster and Jeannemarie Davis is very simple - Ken Cuccinelli for Attorney General.

Ken is the real deal - very pro 2nd Amendment rights (check his voting record as a senator) and never lost an election in Nova - even against seeming insurmountable odds! Endorsed by GOA and VCDL-PAC too.
    http://www.cuccinelli.com/

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ballester wrote:
    :Pto the umptenth power......................

you know what...i wanna run for delegate....oh wait damn i dont have any money and dont know anyone important.....darn and i thought my good values and honest concern for the citizens and there familiys would be enough...oh well there is always in my dreams i guess..............
    You should. In fact, more of us should consider running for state delegate. If we could determine which districts we would have the best chance to turn to our favor, and focus our support behind our own candidates - just maybe we could do this.

I think one of the challenges would be finding one of us that could *afford* the job. VA Delegates are part-time, citizen legislatures. They get paid very little which means they still have to hold a job or have a source of income, and still have the availability to take time off to attend legislative sessions in Richmond.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    The answer to Dave Foster and Jeannemarie Davis is very simple - Ken Cuccinelli for Attorney General.

Ken is the real deal - very pro 2nd Amendment rights (check his voting record as a senator) and never lost an election in Nova - even against seeming insurmountable odds! Endorsed by GOA and VCDL-PAC too.

Yata hey

Ken is the Real Deal.

Anyone else here going to the Convention in Richmond as a delegate???

Post imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
    Yes, I'm going.
    Foster just lost my attention, and I'm not keen on either of the other two. Not sure how I'll end up casting votes, yet, but I'll be there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Ken is the Real Deal.

I am a delegate for Ken.

Post imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
    Yep, I am also going.

Post imported post

I'm going.

Post imported post

Sign, sealed and delivered.

Will be there, pushing & pulling in our direction.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    Ric in Richmond wrote:
    Yep, I am also going.
    Did ya'll see that the convention has been moved from the Convention Center to the Coliseum? Anyone had issues OCing in the Coliseum?

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    fairfax1 wrote:
    Ric in Richmond wrote:
    Yep, I am also going.
    Did ya'll see that the convention has been moved from the Convention Center to the Coliseum? Anyone had issues OCing in the Coliseum?
    The Richmond Coliseum is apparently owned by the City of Richmond and as such should not be able to deny your right to carry - on the other hand I don't know anyone that has ever done so openly.

Read this thread for some insight: (Note that they claim to not allow guns.)
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/22592.html

Yata hey

Post imported post

That's kinda what I was getting at. It seems to be owned by the city, so carry is allowed (due to preemption).

And the open-carry restriction is not necessary, since it's not a restaurant or club as defined in 4-1.100

I was just trying to find out if anyone had any actual experiences. Not too thrilled that people are calling - that draws attention that shouldn't be drawn. But I'm just one voice.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    That's kinda what I was getting at. It seems to be owned by the city, so carry is allowed (due to preemption).

And the open-carry requirement is not necessary, since it's not a restaurant or club as defined in 4-1.100

I was just trying to find out if anyone had any actual experiences. Not too thrilled that people are calling - that draws attention that shouldn't be drawn. But I'm just one voice.
    Fixed it for you.

+1 to not drawing attention.

Don't see that the city can "lease away" preemption either.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Well, I was thinking "restricted to open carry only" but I agree it didn't come across clearly. Thanks!

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Yes and he supported this.

Hampton Roads Transportation Authority (HRTA) is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States that has the responsibility for funding several major traffic projects in the Hampton Roads area. As of March 2008, although its projects were considered to be needed, the agency's future was in some question while its controversial sources of funding were being reconsidered in light of a Virginia Supreme Court decision.

The HRTA allowed for politians in other areas of VA to levy taxes against people living Hampton Roads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast