• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA AG Candidate Dave Foster is throwing a party...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:
Ric in Richmond wrote:
Anyone else here going to the Convention in Richmond as a delegate???
Yep, I am also going.
Did ya'll see that the convention has been moved from the Convention Center to the Coliseum? Anyone had issues OCing in the Coliseum?
The Richmond Coliseum is apparently owned by the City of Richmond and as such should not be able to deny your right to carry - on the other hand I don't know anyone that has ever done so openly.

Read this thread for some insight: (Note that they claim to not allow guns.)
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/22592.html

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's kinda what I was getting at. It seems to be owned by the city, so carry is allowed (due to preemption).

And the open-carry restriction is not necessary, since it's not a restaurant or club as defined in 4-1.100

I was just trying to find out if anyone had any actual experiences. Not too thrilled that people are calling - that draws attention that shouldn't be drawn. But I'm just one voice.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
That's kinda what I was getting at. It seems to be owned by the city, so carry is allowed (due to preemption).

And the open-carry requirement is not necessary, since it's not a restaurant or club as defined in 4-1.100

I was just trying to find out if anyone had any actual experiences. Not too thrilled that people are calling - that draws attention that shouldn't be drawn. But I'm just one voice.
Fixed it for you. :)

+1 to not drawing attention.

Don't see that the city can "lease away" preemption either.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, I was thinking "restricted to open carry only" but I agree it didn't come across clearly. Thanks!

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The answer to Dave Foster and Jeannemarie Davis is very simple - Ken Cuccinelli for Attorney General.

Ken is the real deal - very pro 2nd Amendment rights (check his voting record as a senator) and never lost an election in Nova - even against seeming insurmountable odds! Endorsed by GOA and VCDL-PAC too.
http://www.cuccinelli.com/

Yata hey
Yes and he supported this.

Hampton Roads Transportation Authority (HRTA) is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States that has the responsibility for funding several major traffic projects in the Hampton Roads area. As of March 2008, although its projects were considered to be needed, the agency's future was in some question while its controversial sources of funding were being reconsidered in light of a Virginia Supreme Court decision.

The HRTA allowed for politians in other areas of VA to levy taxes against people living Hampton Roads.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have been mulling over and cogitating on the idea of OCing at the convention - not the legality of it or whether or not it is my right - but whether it would help Ken or hurt him.

That to me is the important issue here.

As many of us find much favor in Ken's positions, especially regarding the 2nd Amendment and our right to self-defense, we should consider the bottom line and I have to wonder if such action as OCing on my/our part will garner him more support or less.

If Ken where to publicly endorse full, unlimited carry without restriction, he would become our champion.......... and perhaps lose crucial votes - maybe too many - it is too soon in this battle to play all of the cards. IMO - he is the best that there is and I say that not meaning to take anything away from him Sometimes caution and patience is the better part of valor.

While I may decide to CC, I have not made up my mind on this. Normally I OC 24/7 so CC is not my norm. Would be nice to have Ken's thoughts on this, but doubt that he would comment directly/specifically.

Hope to attract no flames on this - just straight forward discussion.

Yata hey

PS - But wouldn't it be a cause for dancing in the streets if 50% of the convention delegates OC'd & Ken won both in May and in the fall.....and by a landslide. Everything isn't either always red or blue though.