• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hassled at Speedway

kyboyy

imported post

I stopped at Speedway gas station in Covington tonight for some gas and a drink, the line was pretty long it was about midnight in a busy part of town. A guy playing with the Speedway Points machine trying to get free food with points he didn't have lol decided that the line was too long. So he shouts, "my girl bout to have a baby let me cut y'all." I ignored the comment, until then he appeared in no hurry. So I purchased my items and turned from the counter. The guy shouts in a group of customers, "ay y'all he got a gun." As if to make people scared. I just looked at him and said, "so." He told me there was a sign out front posted saying No Carrying Concealed weapons. Jokingly I said, "good thing it ain't conealed then huh..." He said, "so you can't just carry it in public." I explained that there was no such sign and that open carry is perfectly legal. He pretty much ignored me and started complaining to the cashiers informing them to do something and call the cops. I just left, knowing i did no wrong.
I come in there everyday, several tims. So just a few minutes ago i stopped in and talked with the cashiers and had a laugh at the guy's ignorance...

I've gotten dirty looks at WalMart. No verbal harassment, but they radio people when i walk in and I'm constantly followed and everyone seems to watch me closely. But it's tolerable. The guy at Speedway was just plain annoying. Didn't look or sound like he had so much as a 9th grade education. I think it should be illegal for people like that to breed.

hotrod

imported post

I open carry in Covington, Newport and Florence regularly andno trouble at all. Never even a comment. Carry on