• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to San Diego Unified School District

Edward Peruta

imported post

Saturday, March 21, 2009

San Diego Unified School District

Terry B. Grier, Ed.D.

EUGENE BRUCKER EDUCATION CENTER

4100 Normal Street

San Diego, CA 92103-2682

Dear Dr. Grier,

This letter is a formal request for your written approval on a matter of great concern.

I am currently in a position where I feel compelled to request your authority to exercise my right to carry a firearm within certain geographical areas under your control.

The California Penal Code grants you the authority to provide permission to carry firearms in the areas surrounding K-12 schools under the California Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.

Although I believe that in certain situations your permission may not be needed, I would like to request and receive your written permission to prevent any incidents that may be caused by ambiguities in the law or situations where I may be exercising my rights while not knowing that I am near a k-12 school under your jurisdiction.

I am appending to this request Section 626.9 of the California Penal Code which prompts this request, and have underlined certain areas of concern and interest.

In order for you to make an informed decision, I offer the following facts regarding my background and experience.

I currently possess the following permits, certifications and background:

Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers – Connecticut

Author of approved firearms/pistol course – Connecticut Department of Public Safety

Recognized & certified Pistol and Revolver Instructor – Connecticut

Permit to Carry Concealed Pistols and Revolvers – Utah

Permit to Carry Concealed Pistols and Revolvers pending – Florida

Certified Pistol Instructor – National Rifle Association

Certified Handgun Safety Instructor – California Department of Justice

Graduate Connecticut Municipal Police Training Academy - 1970

Former member of law enforcement – Wethersfield Connecticut P.D.

Former Firearms Instructor U.S. Naval Academy – 1969

Part time legal investigator and active member of the New Media

Should you require any references regarding my character or background, I will be happy to supply you with a list of names and contact information for each.

Respectfully,

Edward A. Peruta (edperuta@amcable.tv)

Address redacted

San Diego, CA 92xxx

Cc: Attorney Paul Neuharth

southsti

imported post

Edward,

Keep up the good fight you are my new hero, I've been reading over your posts and you will make a difference. I want to know what I can do to get more involved.

Semper Fi

USMC 2001-2005

Edward Peruta

imported post

[align=left]March 24, 2009[/align]

Assistant Sheriff Cooke

Law Enforcement Service Bureau

P.O. Box 939062

San Diego, CA 92193-9062

RE: Edward Peruta

Application No.: GP-25466

Dear Assistant Sheriff Cooke,

Please be advised that I am the attorney of record for Edward Peruta with regard to his CCW application process and other CCW related matters. I have previously spoken with Sanford Toyon regarding this matter.

At this point and time Mr. Edward Peruta is requesting your review of the decision to deny his application to carry a concealed weapon and we would like the opportunity to meet with you in person during this review process. Specifically, we do not know why Mr. Peruta's application
was denied as we believe he has shown good cause in his one page declaration, does not have any disqualifying events in his background, has a CCW from other states, and should meet the residency requirements.

In addition, none of the personal references, including: Police Chief T. William Knapp, Retired Executive Director of Post for the State of Connecticut, Police Chief James Cetran, Wethersfield, Connecticut, Police Chief Michael Custer Rocky Hill, Connecticut, Police Chief Anthony Salvatore Cromwell, Connecticut and currently the President of the New England Association of Chiefs of Police, in addition to local references that were provided in the application process, as requested by the San Diego County Sheriffs Department were never contacted and are willing to provide declarations to this effect.

Please contact my office to schedule a date and time to meet with you at your office.

Sincerely,

Paul H. Neuharth Jr.

Cc: Sanford Toyon