• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My car holster!!!

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Well I got bored and made a car holster for 30 bucks today:celebrateIt is easy to draw from and in plain sight. Let me know what you all think:)
DSC_0007.jpg

ODA 226

imported post

Not such a good idea brother. If you're in a car accident or forced off the road by an attacker, there is a BIG possibility that your weapon will fly free and get lost somewhere in the wreakage where you can't get to it in time to save your hind-quarters.

Just a suggestion, since I know you're not 21 yet, but buy a SERPA holster and bolt the holster to your transmission hump and carry a cloth in the car to cover the holster when you exit the vehicle.

Not only would it look "High Speed/ Low Drag" but it will keep your weapon securely in place.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

It is 100% secure in there and it takes a fair amount of force to get it out. I may rig up a snap strap also. I'll have you take a look at it next time we have a dinner. The holster is bolted into the bin it is not free roaming. From the pics it's hard to tell that it is secured

ODA 226

imported post

I couldn't see it was bolted in. Still, if you keep that configuration, get a strap to secure the weapon. I'm speaking from experience as a guy who had a weapon "get loose" from him at a most inopportune time.

ufcfanvt

imported post

I can see the trigger. Bad mojo. The 2nd most important thing a holster does is keep the trigger covered and inaccessible until necessary. The first being secure the weapon.
You're onto something good though. Keep it up.

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

Good job on finding something workable. I second the opinion that you should find a way to secure the gun so it won't come out unless you take it out. In a wreck it's likely to go flying no matter how secure the holster is mounted to the car. Even on a rough road it or a decent sized bump it COULD work its way out.

I need to figure out someway to mount a holster in my truck. My biggest problem at the moment is finding a suitable holster. Bersa holsters aren't widely available, lol.

nova

imported post

When did they start putting mustang interiors in their pickups?? :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wow - you need to seriously resize pix before posting them - and not as a panoramic slide show. I got dizzy from panning back and forth to see them and then to read the posts.

Hope you get all worked out - each vehicle type can be different.

Yata hey

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I picked up some velcro last night but now I need to figure out a way to attach it and make a thumb break. That will probably have to wait till this weekend when I get home where I actually have tools.;)

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I didn't want to drill anything and also make it easily removable. I also took into consideration that I wanted it in close reach and where more perfect than right by the shifter. First gear doesn't block the pistol which is perfect just in case I'm at a light or something. It still needs some tweaking. I think that my thumb break will also include something to cover the trigger. I was just reading about the 24 y/o killed Wednesday in Norfolk right by waterside. That is truly a sad story:cry:

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I didn't want to drill anything and also make it easily removable. I also took into consideration that I wanted it in close reach and where more perfect than right by the shifter. First gear doesn't block the pistol which is perfect just in case I'm at a light or something. It still needs some tweaking. I think that my thumb break will also include something to cover the trigger. I was just reading about the 24 y/o killed Wednesday in Norfolk right by waterside. That is truly a sad story:cry:
Link?

hercprsound

imported post

Heres mine, I made my own bracket to fit the parking brake handle on my 96 Z. I use the same holster on the bracket as I do on my hip for continuity of movement. Its a blackhawk, you need to push a release button to get the gun, this, with the metal bracket should keep the gun where it belongs in a crash. I have it mounted in such a natural position that I could look the other way, put my hand out, and the gun practically puts itself in my hand. the release puts your finger inline with the trigger guard automatically. The gun is a springfeild armory XD .40 subcompact 12+1.