• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Samuel's Furniture, Ferndale

heresolong

imported post

Went in today to look at living room furniture. I need a new set as mine are mismatched and trashed. I was wearing dirty jeans (in the front anyway from kneeling next to motorcycles), a hooded sweatshirt, and my hands were filthy from being at my motorcycle shop. I had my Ruger KP345 in a Fobus paddle holster on the right side with the sweatshirt tucked behind it like I generally do. On this particular day I really didn't look like I could afford three thousand dollars or more worth of furniture.

First thing I asked the saleswoman was if she had a bathroom where I could wash my hands as I had just come from my shop and forgot to wash up. She pointed me towards the restroom. I washed up then went back out. For the next forty-five minutes this older lady, probably in her mid to late sixties, showed me couches, chairs, and recliners. I sat in at least fifteen of them (after making sure there was no dirt on the back of my jeans), she insisted I put my feet up on the ottomans to check them out. She pointed out that unless I was walking on the back of my heels they wouldn't be dirty.

There is no way that she didn't know that I was carrying a pistol. She was on both sides of me as we walked around and talked about furniture and several times I had to adjust the holster to sit down or stand up from a couch. She couldn't have been more helpful or more friendly and never mentioned the pistol at all.

I give Samuel's Furniture (or at least this sales person) an A+ for attitude towards open carry and firearms. It obviously wasn't a problem and obviously she felt that it wasn't her business to comment. What an experience.

just_a_car

imported post

It almost would've been better if she's said something... that way I could put them up on the Pro-Guns list.

But the fact that she went about her job per normal is exactly what we want to occur... as if there's nothing out of the ordinary.

You may want to send in a complimentary letter to the company for her (assuming you got her name).

Nitrox314

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
It almost would've been better if she's said something... that way I could put them up on the Pro-Guns list.

But the fact that she went about her job per normal is exactly what we want to occur... as if there's nothing out of the ordinary.

You may want to send in a complimentary letter to the company for her (assuming you got her name).

Her boss: Great job with being cool with the man with the firearm.

Her: HE HAD A GUN!!!????

LOL, no but seriously, thats great. I used to live down the block from there. In fact, my stepdad worked there in the 80's/90's.