• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henry County

steven5446

imported post

I have had my GFL for a while now and I was considering OC. I have looked through the forum and only found one story about OC in Henry county. Does anyone have any experiences they could share as to how the local LEO's reacted to OC in Henry? I would just like to know what the climate is like before I start.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

steven5446 wrote:
I have had my GFL for a while now and I was considering OC. I have looked through the forum and only found one story about OC in Henry county. Does anyone have any experiences they could share as to how the local LEO's reacted to OC in Henry? I would just like to know what the climate is like before I start.

I have not carried openly in Henry County, but since I carry openly in Fayette, Coweta, and Fulton all the time, I would not hesitate to do so regardless of the "climate," if by climate you mean that the local police piss on the Constitution. Just do some thinking ahead of time on how you can non-violently and politely decline to participate in any police fishing expedition.

If you are not saying "Am I free to go?" then you are saying something you should not.

If it makes you that nervous, then just cover it up. Life is too short to live in fear of jail.