• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hassled again...

kyboyy

imported post

So I decided to check out the new Jet's Pizza on U.S. 18 in Florence tonight... I walked in and ordered my food, then it turned out a buddy of mine delivers there and we were talkin. He saw the 9mm on my side and asked me when i got it and what kinda and we were talkin. Some guy walks in and asks if i have a CDW permit and i told him no. Told him that i choose to Open Carry and that's perfectly legal. He said that he's an ex-cop and that it's only legal with no permit if no one cares. He said that if it offended or scared someone and they asked me to take it to my car and i refused that i could be arrested. I told him that i'd heard no such thing. He ordered me to take it to my car and i refused. So he said let's see what the cops say and pulled out his phone. My food was done and not wanting to cause a situation at my buddy's work i just left... I'm thinkin this guy was an EX cop for a reason and doesn't know what the hell he was talking about... Anyone else ever heard this? lol

hotrod

imported post

Only if he owns the businessor has the authority of the owner to ask you to leave. Then he must ask you to leave in front of the responding officer and if you refuse to leave the officer may arrest for criminal trespass. If you leave before police arrive, no crime.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

kyboyy wrote:
So I decided to check out the new Jet's Pizza on U.S. 18 in Florence tonight... I walked in and ordered my food, then it turned out a buddy of mine delivers there and we were talkin. He saw the 9mm on my side and asked me when i got it and what kinda and we were talkin. Some guy walks in and asks if i have a CDW permit and i told him no. Told him that i choose to Open Carry and that's perfectly legal. He said that he's an ex-cop and that it's only legal with no permit if no one cares. He said that if it offended or scared someone and they asked me to take it to my car and i refused that i could be arrested. I told him that i'd heard no such thing. He ordered me to take it to my car and i refused. So he said let's see what the cops say and pulled out his phone. My food was done and not wanting to cause a situation at my buddy's work i just left... I'm thinkin this guy was an EX cop for a reason and doesn't know what the hell he was talking about... Anyone else ever heard this? lol
If he's playing cop, ask him if he's acting under colour of state authority.

That will set him back in his chair.

If anyone ever asks you if you have a permit, why do you feel obligated to answer?

superdemon

imported post

If he wasn't the manager or employee, I may have pushed the issue on this one and waited for the LEO to show up.

If the managment of the establishment doesn't care, then you should have been free to carry there.

"Ex cop" indeed.

kyboyy

imported post

idk, i'm just generally the kinda person to talk to people if they talk to me. It's a simple question. The more they don't know what they're talking about just makes me look more intelligent lol.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kyboyy wrote:
idk, i'm just generally the kinda person to talk to people if they talk to me. It's a simple question. The more they don't know what they're talking about just makes me look more intelligent lol.
Makes you look intelligent to whom? The casual observer has no idea who's right.

Put the "ex-cop's"BSto the test next time - and in general make sure you have an audio recorder running when you OC.

kyboyy

imported post

i was wearing a pair of brown plaid (probably misspelled that lol) shorts and a plain black collared shirt, skateboarding shoes. that's the normal way that i dress. i had the gun in a holster on my left hip in plain view...

it makes me look more intelligent than the guy who only pretends to know what he's talking about to talk S***.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kyboyy wrote:
i was wearing a pair of brown plaid (probably misspelled that lol) shorts and a plain black collared shirt, skateboarding shoes. that's the normal way that i dress. i had the gun in a holster on my left hip in plain view...

it makes me look more intelligent than the guy who only pretends to know what he's talking about to talk S***.
This sounds way more harsh than I mean it, but using proper capitalization makes you look more intelligent too! :cool:

btw, you spelled "plaid" right!

I'm glad to see some more KY OCers here.

kyboyy

imported post

yeah maybe, but this just a forum on the internet and not an english exam therefore i'm not really pressed to use proper grammar and capitalization. thanks for the concern though and i appreciate your advice.

KY_CCDW

imported post

kyboyy wrote:
yeah maybe, but this just a forum on the internet and not an english exam therefore i'm not really pressed to use proper grammar and capitalization.
Once you get into the habit, it just comes natural. People tend to take you more seriously when your posts are properly spelled and punctuated, but you're right, this is no 'exam'.:D

hotrod

imported post

kyboyy wrote:
Went into Jets Pizza tonight carrying my Kimber ProCarry openly. No one said anything. No wayward glances or hurummphs anywhere. As usual, very quite. Pizza sucked, no reason to go back

kyboyy

imported post

Yeah, no one that worked there said anything to me either. Just that one customer. And I totally agree, pizza was horrible lol won't be back. Only one I think is worse would be Papa Murphy's. They don't even cook the pizza or deliver. You gotta cook it yourself...

Statesman

imported post

hotrod wrote:
kyboyy wrote:
Went into Jets Pizza tonight carrying my Kimber ProCarry openly. No one said anything. No wayward glances or hurummphs anywhere. As usual, very quite. Pizza sucked, no reason to go back
I'm thinking you probably look like a cop, and carry yourself that way. Therefore, people probably assume you are. It's mostly everyone else outside of this that gets harassed. :uhoh:

hotrod

imported post

Statesman wrote:
hotrod wrote:
kyboyy wrote:
I'm thinking you probably look like a cop, and carry yourself that way. Therefore, people probably assume you are. It's mostly everyone else outside of this that gets harassed. :uhoh:
I just look old. And Tired