• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GA HB 615- support radical change!

jbeck

imported post

I know thereis already a post under GA's state forum, however I believe it should be listed under here to catch a little more attention. Right now GA has a new HB that will return most everything back to the way that it used to be with our gun rights! Turn us into an open carry state w/o a permit. Make it so we can carry ANYWHERE except for a jail, prison, or courtroom! Remove the Governor's authority to take our weapons in a declared emergency! This bill will change so much more! There is an online petition www.petitiononline.com/GaHB615/petition.html. Please talk to everyone you know at work, family, friends and let's support this thing!

My boyfriend and I spent most of yesterday putting up flyers on the doors and leaving stacks at the counter at our local gun shops, pawn shops, gas stations, hardware stores, and locally owned restaurants and shops. He will be back out on Monday to deliver some to our gun range and to hit some of our smaller nearby towns. If we saw someone in camo, a hunting sticker, a republican sticker, a don't tread on me sticker, anything that looked liked they would be interested then we stopped and talked to them. Most people are in agreeance, they just don't have the time or resources to find out about the bill or others like it. We will also have some commercial/newstalk spots on the radio starting Monday. It's not that expensive and we suggest you try in your areas too. As with most things like this, it is a grassroots effort so please do what you can! Our neighbor also happens to do the commercial advertising for our local T.V. stations and we are going to see about getting on that. Try contacting your local news stations as they are always trying to keep an ear out for good stories. Anything helps!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
more and more, many states are finally starting to "allow" us to excersice more and more of our freedoms
Think how ironic (sinister is a better word) it is what you just wrote.

"more and more, many states are finally starting to "allow" us to excersice more and more of our freedoms"

Where in the hell do the states or the feds or any elected employees of our's get off controlling our rights to exercise our rights? Who in the hell do they think they are? 'Bout time some states are starting to put a proverbial boot up their butts and tell them their bosses are.

unreconstructed1

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
more and more, many states are finally starting to "allow" us to excersice more and more of our freedoms

"more and more, many states are finally starting to "allow" us to excersice more and more of our freedoms"

Where in the hell do the states or the feds or any elected employees of our's get off controlling our rights to exercise our rights? Who in the hell do they think they are? 'Bout time some states are starting to put a proverbial boot up their butts and tell them their bosses are.

notice the quotation marks around "allow"...

personally, I thik that it is just flat out revolting that we, as a supposedly FREE society, have allowed the FED to go as far as they have.

even in my state of Tennessee, the law says that carrying a firearm is illegal, and that you need a permit as a defense. sad part is, Tennessee is one of the better states in regards to 2A laws.

hopefully, as time goes on, we shall see a return to the type of liberty that is our right, and teh type of liberty that the founders recognized as being unalienable.

honestly, I doubt it however. I personally believe that the next few years will begin to witness dramatic political upheavals not seen since 1776, and 1861.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson, November 13, 1787, letter to William S. Smith, quoted in Padover's Jefferson On Democracy, ed., 1939

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:

personally, I thik that it is just flat out revolting that we, as a supposedly FREE society, have allowed the FED to go as far as they have.

even in my state of Tennessee, the law says that carrying a firearm is illegal, and that you need a permit as a defense. sad part is, Tennessee is one of the better states in regards to 2A laws.

hopefully, as time goes on, we shall see a return to the type of liberty that is our right, and teh type of liberty that the founders recognized as being unalienable.

honestly, I doubt it however. I personally believe that the next few years will begin to witness dramatic political upheavals not seen since 1776, and 1861.

Thomas Jefferson, November 13, 1787, letter to William S. Smith, quoted in Padover's Jefferson On Democracy, ed., 1939
Yep, my favorite of Jefferson's quotes. However, nowadays, Jefferson and the rest of the Founders would be considered Domestic Terrorists.

unreconstructed1

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Yep, my favorite of Jefferson's quotes. However, nowadays, Jefferson and the rest of the Founders would be considered Domestic Terrorists.
which is why we should wear the designation with distinction.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:

Yes sir, I noted the quotes around the word, "allow". And I knew to what you were referring. I was just pointing out what a shame it is that we have allowed our government to get to the point where they are the ones dictating to us, their owners, how, when, and what we can do in terms of a most basic American right.

This all started in earnest in the mid 1860's (can we say, the War for Southern Independence?), and accelerated during the 1930's and then again in the 1960's. I could spend the next hour writing reasons for all of this, all of what I have seen happen to my country in my lifetime, but I can't right now. Suffice it to say, we long ago ceased to resemble the Founders original design.

Take care, my friend and keep the faith.