• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I trade in my Walther PPK/s??

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I choose my Walther PPK/s as a graduation present when I was 18. I choose it because it's the Bond gun. I really didn't have much knowledge about handguns, calibers, etc. at the time.

I rarely carry it now for a couple of reasons. The round isn't quite as powerful as I'd like, the safety is awkward compared to a 1911-type safety, and the all-steel construction makes it heavier and a bit more cumbersome than the lighter, modern handguns that are out there.

I'm considering trading the PPK/s in to knock down the cost of a new Walther PPS. The only reason I'm hesitant is that it seems that I can only get ~$250 for the PPK/s. So, do you guys that that's a fair trade-in price?

Spectre

imported post

After being burned most times, I will never trade my guns to a gun dealer. They will always stiff you on the value because of the price they can get a new one.

My advice would be to sell it privately (if you live in the states that allow private sales), or try to find someone who is selling the gun you want and is trying to sell theirs and see if they want your firearm.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Spectre wrote:
After being burned most times, I will never trade my guns to a gun dealer. They will always stiff you on the value because of the price they can get a new one.

My advice would be to sell it privately (if you live in the states that allow private sales), or try to find someone who is selling the gun you want and is trying to sell theirs and see if they want your firearm.

Part of my problem is the availability of the Walther PPS. They've been very difficult to get in to the store, and they sell quickly. On top of how things are currently, I'm afraid I wont be able to get a hold of one at all if I don't act soon.

Selling a handgun in this area is not a quick endeavor. Every person I've known that tried to sell a handgun has spent months looking for a buyer. I am definitely not that patient lol.

I know what you're saying about gun dealers. It's the same as trading a car in to a dealer. I'd like to think I know this guy pretty well, so I might be able to keep him from completely screwing me over lol.