• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Once again proving only law abiding obey gun laws

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

No, you've got it all wrong. We need to ban MORE weapons. If those anti-aircraft, deer cooking .50BMG's were banned this guy would have been a perfect citizen!!!

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is one of those stories that can be used to the advantage of gun rights activists like ourselves. Most people want MORE gun control laws when the ones we ALREADY have do not even work.

This guy was already out of parole and already had a criminal history, if my knowledge of this country's gun laws is correct, it was already illegal for this man to ever possess a weapon in ANY state.... This means that the laws that keep criminals from getting weapons can't be enforced as they stand now... And what is the solution that gun control advocates have? ...MORE gun laws!

If they can't enforce the laws that are already on the books then no legislature has any right to make another law regardingthe control of guns in the hands of citizens that aren't convicted felons who are out on parole. Laws don't work on criminals, that's why they are criminals. They need to step up the control of illegal firearms in the hands of those who should not carry (*criminals*), and should stop with the knee-jerk legislation. Knee-jerk legislation is dangerous to the people and the constitution as it is usually passed with no regard for the framework by whichit must abide or the rights it must respect.

The GOOD newshere is in the last few years there have been fewer and fewer laws passed in the knee jerk manor andgun rights are making a comeback around the country.

That's just my twocents.