• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupidity in Glendale...

me812

imported post

What an idiot. The safest place for a gun is in its holster. This is the main reason I hate those damned gun lockers that are at so many public buildings. Those things are an AD just waiting to happen.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Just read 15 pages of comments to the article. There's some really... REALLYstupid people out there. :uhoh:

hammer6

imported post

why would you take your gun out to show someone IN PUBLIC? the only place my gun comes out of its holster to show someone, is indoors. and i take out the magazine and eject the round FIRST.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I never 'show' anybody my pistols. I never unholster outside of the house unless I intend to use it. NEVER!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I've had 'em ask: "Can I see that?" Stock answer: "NO!" I care less what the response is. They wanna go look at guns... tell 'em where the local gun shop is.

Chez

imported post

The exception would be when I am at a gun range with friends. That's the time to see everyones gun and to try a different gun. Just obey the rules of the range.

protector84

imported post

People are incredibly stupid with guns. I can't complain too much though because a much larger number of people are stupid with cars. I recall a total of two incidents where someone showed me their pistol where in both cases the gun was pointed directly at me. In one case it was pointed at my chest and in the other case it was pointed at my face. Likewise, I told both individuals not to ever point a gun at me and to keep the barrel pointed down and that is regardless of whether the safety is on or it is unloaded. Even more ridiculous was both of these individuals were in bars although I don't think they were drinking. I probably could have had them thrown out since you are not supposed to carry in bars. Classic stupidity but I would still say less stupid than the idiot behind the wheel of the SUV with a phone to his ear, a cheeseburger in his mouth, and a dog in his lap unable to see the road. Yet it will always be "guns" that make the news. :uhoh: