• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello!

gwstang

imported post

Hi, I am a newbie here and just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I live in Elmore county and have the ccw license. I too am interested in open carry also. Just not brave enough to try it out as it seems too many leo's are not up on the Alabama constitution and our right to carry openly. Summer is upon us soon and it would be nice to open carry instead of trying to hide a .40 cal semi auto. Thanks, and I hope to join in on some conversations. Gary in central Al. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to OCDO Gary. Great to have you here - hope you enjoy and learn from our ramblings.

If you ever get a chance to visit Va., you'll see a different side to LE response to OC- at least in most cases. :) We'll even take you out to eat while OCing.

Yata hey

T R E Y

imported post

Be careful in Millbrook, some of those cops just need a reason....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

T R E Y wrote:
Be careful in Millbrook, some of those cops just need a reason....
Don't you mean some of those cops just need an excuse ?

If they are over stepping their legal authority, then someone needs to take the bull by the horns (pun intended) and reverse the trend - take legal action as required. Payment in US dollars can be a great educator.

At the least, add a good digital recorder to your carry equipment.
This falls into the category of "Its better to have and not need, than to need and not have."

Yata hey

RMD

imported post

Man you get around Grapeshot!!

I live in VA but am from Equality myself on the Elmore/Coosa border. I go back home quite often and still have a house there off HWY 9. I was wondering how bad OC was down there since I haven't lived down there in about 15 years. I do have a CC permit and will have recip. but would like to OC. Let me know the reactions ya get in the area if you would, so I kinda know what to expect when I go visit family there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

RMD wrote:
Man you get around Grapeshot!!

I live in VA but am from Equality myself on the Elmore/Coosa border. I go back home quite often and still have a house there off HWY 9. I was wondering how bad OC was down there since I haven't lived down there in about 15 years. I do have a CC permit and will have recip. but would like to OC. Let me know the reactions ya get in the area if you would, so I kinda know what to expect when I go visit family there.
Maybe not as much as you might think. :)

Do travel a bit but not to that area in a long while - live in Richmond, Va. I do try to follow/keep up with what is going on in other areas besides Va. as much as I can though. That and I will share my opinion sometimes. ;)

Somebody local will be in a better position to advise what the real "climate" is there.

Yata hey

Yata hey