• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st time OC this weekend.

Trigger21

imported post

Hi Everyone,

So I decided to OC for the first time this weekend. I've been CC ing for about 2 months now and figured nows as good a time as any.

I carry a Kimber Tactical Pro 2 in GALCOQuick Slide belt holster.

Friday - Jack in the Box and AM/PM in Everett... got a few weird looks in AM/PM by clerk but thats about it.

Saturday - Jack in the Box, SHELL station (inside), and KFC all in the Smokey Point area.

Everything was uneventful other than this 20 something girl that worked for KFC who was hiding behind the buffet glass pretending to put more food out that wouldn't stop staring with the lookof ( I hope this glass isenough to save me when he starts shooting! :what:) LOL, whatever

Sunday - Sportsmans Warehouse in Burlington. Surprisingly with no looks at all. FYI.. If you have a gift card for there. They won't be valid after 3/31 I think is what it said. Does anyone know if this place is going out of buisness already? The gun dept. is nothing shy of a joke when it comes to Pistols and Ammo.

Also, has anyone OC'dat the Marysville Wal Mart or the Haggens in Arlington? Just curious if there were any problems etc..

Have a great week!

Misguided Child

imported post

I have OC'd once in the Marysville walmart but stopped after reading about other board members run ins with tribal pd. They can be real unpleasent so I pretty much avoid the res, especially when I'm carrying.

p.s. Nice choice of carry weapon!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Welcome aboard Trigger 21. Good to have more Washington supporters. Jbone is from Arlington area I believe he came up to our Whatcom county meet at IHOP last month. You can ask him he probably is more familiar with your area.

I had one problem at Wal-mart here in Bellingham but it has been resolved and the manager informed me Wal-mart is pro 2nd ammendment and follow state law and that I am allowed to carry into any walmart in Washington. But of course if its on the Res you would have to find out what the Tribes Laws are concerning weapons.

Deros and Manu and some others are throwing a BBQ next weekend , you should come down, I hope to attend and meet in person a lot of folks I have come to know on this forum.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When I first started open carrying in the area, I avoided WalMart and other locations on the Reservation. Since then I have loosend up a bit and OC pretty much everywhere.

Walmart, Home Depot, even theTribal Liquor Store :)

There are only a couple tribal laws that are more restrictive than State Law. Thanks to state pre-emption and some other quirks, they only apply to tribal members.

joeroket

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
When I first started open carrying in the area, I avoided WalMart and other locations on the Reservation. Since then I have loosend up a bit and OC pretty much everywhere.

Walmart, Home Depot, even theTribal Liquor Store :)

There are only a couple tribal laws that are more restrictive than State Law. Thanks to state pre-emption and some other quirks, they only apply to tribal members.
The quirks he is talking about are that the Tribe Rules are not laws. They have no applicability to non-tribal members whatsoever. The tribe can however trespass you from their land entirely.

About half of the tribal police have been commissioned by Sheriff Lovick because they meet the minimum state requirements and can enforce State and local laws on non-tribal members so there is a chance that you will not get the luxury of a MPD or Sno Co Sheriff to respond. The bonus is that the tribal police have a 5 million dollar policy and do not have the ability to claim sovernty due to police misconduct/civil rights violations against non-tribal members so I suspect they will be just as easily educated as the munipalities in the area, that and their chief comes from Mountlake Terrace.

jbone

imported post

I've had no issue carrying in the Arlington area; have had APDand Snohomish Sheriff view me, only followedonce by APD with no contact. I worked the Reservation issue back when because Tribal Law was written in a way to make one think twice. I did the research made several contacts and later had Tulalip PD Chief signing the back of my CPL. He asked me why I needed to carry on the Res I simply explained I wished to extend my range of personnel protection since I visit the retailers on the Res frequently. He did a background check and shortly after called me back to sign.

I agree with the others that this wasn’t necessary, but made me fell more comfortable knowing if questioned by TPD Officers they would see and honor Chief Smith’s signature, and that building the trust and relationship with local community would hopefully benefit others. I’ve since carried at Walmart and the Outlet Mall. TPD Chief Smith was an extremely professional, reasonable and pleasant person to deal with, I really enjoyed meeting and speaking with him.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3474.html

Trigger21

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
p.s. Nice choice of carry weapon!

Thanks,

The first one I bought shot 4inches left and 3 high at 20'. I had a buddy shoot it , thinking it might just be me. But it shot exactly the same spot.I'm happy to say I called Keith up at Kesselrings and he told me to bring it back and he replaced it with another new one he had there. Shoots perfect. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a firearm.