• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WE _ NEED _ A _ NATIONAL _ LOGO _ TO _ WEAR

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Everyone has the ancient right of self defense .

Even though I am familar with the practice of OC my Right Guard

works a little extra when the situation occurs with a stranger OC ing .

I can imagine how frightened a person running from Liberty Valence

must have felt . However the good guy was offered an extra piece of

fried chicken and apple pie .

Wouldn't it be better to show others that we are law abiding citizens with

a national patch ? Such a logo would do much more to educate about the 2A .

Of course it is our right to be the terror brigade while eating a taco .

We need to use the same one logo with all the other national 2A groups .

Getting smiles and respect are better than looking for a thumb in my CHILI lawsuit .

Right now it is going to have to be a NRA : hat , shirt , patch , ect and

most will think I am a hunter . How many will think he is carrying because of

the constitution & the 2 A ?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Seriously man, you can just use the space bar, no need to do the line thing...

And you're right, most people associate the NRA with hunting and not simply second amendment activism. As far as a logo for OC, I don't necessary like that idea. I may agree with open carry as a right, but I don't necessarily agree with the movement as a whole and what it tends to encompass. If I chose to OC I shouldn't need a patch or logo for people to know I'm a good guy. They'll know I'm a good guy because I'm being a good guy.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I may agree with open carry as a right, but I don't necessarily agree with the movement as a whole and what it tends to encompass.
I just know that this will begin another flame war with many attached personal insults, but I can't help it...

If you really think that way, then why bother posting here? There are plenty of other2nd amendment related forums to infuse with your rhetoric, particularlyif you are not behind what the site represents. You have stated in the past that you predominately prefer concealed carry.

And why would you take the time to type such a comment and not detail what the "movement encompasses in your mind?

Dustin

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I may agree with open carry as a right, but I don't necessarily agree with the movement as a whole and what it tends to encompass.
I just know that this will begin another flame war with many attached personal insults, but I can't help it...

If you really think that way, then why bother posting here? There are plenty of other2nd amendment related forums to infuse with your rhetoric, particularlyif you are not behind what the site represents. You have stated in the past that you predominately prefer concealed carry.

And why would you take the time to type such a comment and not detail what the "movement encompasses in your mind?
You think this is the ONLY site he patrols ?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Because, if you've been keeping your eyes open, which you haven't, I'm here to point out thewack jobsin the movement and the stuff I don't agree with. I've spelled out umpteen times what ideas I disagree with so there's no point in doing it again. However, I still support OC as a right and the general pro-constituation attitude of the board,and that's half the reason I'm here. The other half is for the entertainment value of reading the posts of the terminally stupid (such as yourself), but that applies to any internet forum.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Because, if you've been keeping your eyes open, which you haven't, I'm here to point out thewack jobsin the movement and the stuff I don't agree with. I've spelled out umpteen times what ideas I disagree with so there's no point in doing it again. However, I still support OC as a right and the general pro-constituation attitude of the board,and that's half the reason I'm here. The other half is for the entertainment value of reading the posts of the terminally stupid (such as yourself), but that applies to any internet forum.
I am rather impressed. I asked very simple questions and you didn't really provide a substantial answer to any of them. In the process, the forum rules were once again violated by your personal attacks. I managed to somehow become terminally stupid and, I guess, dare I say, blind, all in one post.

Actually, you are not being honest about your reasons for being here. Forgetful perhaps?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19739&forum_id=65&jump_to=327731#p327731

This is how you claim to carry your weapon but yet, you frequent this site and continue to antagonize the forum population who actually do carry openly and fully support and fight forthe continuance and expansion of theright...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=18388&forum_id=65&jump_to=309453#p309453

And you also have previously ignored my question to you on what you consider an open carry extremist.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19731&forum_id=65&jump_to=326303#p326303

And this is how you spell constitution just in case you were interested.

SIGguy229

imported post

Gee...why don't we just wear a badge....:banghead:

It's not so much the person people fear...it's the gun itself. See the soccer mom in PA who had her permit to conceal revoked because some out of work judge didn't like to see firearms...only to force her to open carry.

And please...

For the love of all that is holy...

Please use the space bar and use capital letters to begin sentances and for proper nouns.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Our guns on our hips should be "logo" enough.

Agreed. I will not be caught wearing anything with an NRA logo on it. :X My holster will suffice.

OCDO.jpg

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I am rather impressed. I asked very simple questions and you didn't really provide a substantial answer to any of them. In the process, the forum rules were once again violated by your personal attacks. I managed to somehow become terminally stupid and, I guess, dare I say, blind, all in one post.

Actually, you are not being honest about your reasons for being here. Forgetful perhaps?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19739&forum_id=65&jump_to=327731#p327731

This is how you claim to carry your weapon but yet, you frequent this site and continue to antagonize the forum population who actually do carry openly and fully support and fight forthe continuance and expansion of theright...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=18388&forum_id=65&jump_to=309453#p309453

And you also have previously ignored my question to you on what you consider an open carry extremist.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=19731&forum_id=65&jump_to=326303#p326303

And this is how you spell constitution just in case you were interested.

Still waiting for an on-topic post from you. :quirky

Before you waste hours of your life trying to prove you have a bigger E-cock than someone or putting in extra effort as if you're actually going to accomplish something, remember this...

internet4.jpg

Gordie

imported post

I don't know what statement you were trying to make with the picture of the snake. Maybe that even though you are outnumbered, you will still win? If so, you need to know that the snake is seconds away from being lunch. Those cute little fuzzballs are quick and have very sharp teeth.

Or were you admitting the fact that your arguments frequently have no hope of standing up to anhonest challenge?:lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Gordie wrote:
I don't know what statement you were trying to make with the picture of the snake. Maybe that even though you are outnumbered, you will still win? If so, you need to know that the snake is seconds away from being lunch. Those cute little fuzzballs are quick and have very sharp teeth.

Or were you admitting the fact that your arguments frequently have no hope of standing up to anhonest challenge?:lol:

Guess it just went right over your head...

Alexcabbie

imported post

Styles see gasoline, Styles throw match.

Mongoose are NOT immune to cobra venom and one or more of those critters are gonna die before the rest chow down on a snake dinner.

Also, I would rather die a cobra than live as a filthy rodent.

Last, there is a word for dudes who like to suck down a snake now and then.

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Styles see gasoline, Styles throw match.

Mongoose are NOT immune to cobra venom and one or more of those critters are gonna die before the rest chow down on a snake dinner.

Also, I would rather die a cobra than live as a filthy rodent.

Last, there is a word for dudes who like to suck down a snake now and then.

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Depends on the mongoose variety and the dose.Some kinda are immune to cobra bites,, it takes a larger dose than ordinary to kill them, when bitten they tend to go into a unconscious state and then revive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_venom

Among other animals

The Hedgehog, the Mongoose, the Secretary Bird, the Honey Badger and a few other birds feeding on snakes, are known to be immune to an ordinary dose of snake venom; whether the pig may be considered so is still uncertain, although it is well known that, owing to its subcutaneous layer of fat, it is often bitten with impunity. The garden dormouse (Eliomys quercinus) has recently been added to the list of animals refractory to viper venom. Some populations of California Ground Squirrel are at least partially immune to Rattlesnake venom as adults.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Ah. The GD forum where we shoot off on the most damned off topic tangents imaginable. I am as guilty as anyone else -DUH - but who knows but that this part of the Forum is, like the GM "skunk works" (and man do they ever need it now) a place wherein ideas get thrown to the batter, knocked into the sausage grinder, get cooked on the grill, eaten, thrown up or crapped out and end up as fertilizer for - well, SOMETHING worthwhile.

Quite a metaphor, that, eh? Anyway. There was a show on "Animal Planet" (and Discovery) called "Venom ER"; which starred a young pony-tailed MD named Shaun Bush. Dr. Bush was the head of Loma Linda Hospital's "envenomation unit" which tended to victims of bites and stings from various animals. I hope he is still there as he is onew of the most competent professionals I have ever seen.

Everybody who cme under Dr. Bush's care survived except one guy.

Mostly the snake-bitten or scorpion-stung or otherwise envenomaated patients got that way out of pure stupidity. And to a man these survived. the guy who died did nothing wrong. He just was walking past a woodpile when a rattlesnke lunged out and bit his foot.

Why?

Well, this is just my theory. But for my money I will say that producing venom takes a lot out of a venomous critter. So a venomous snake will not waste its expensive venom against a mere threat. Dry bites are very common. In any case the intent of the reptile in such a situation is the sane as ours in a defense situation. Not to kill the assailaint, BUT RATHER TO END THE THREAT.

And so the dumb-asses who got bit "playing" with a fire they did not understand got a sub-lethal dose as a warning.

On the other hand, the guy walking past the woodpile presented a "heat signature" approximating that of a dinner about the right size for the rattlesnake that bit him. And, thinking that he was striking at dinner, the snake gave his foot a 'kill' dose rather than a "defense" dose.

And so, instead of a smart guy who would NEVER try to eff with a rattler, we have a dozen people who are exactly that stupid. And who lived? THE IDIOTS! The guy who had more sense DIED.

I am sorely tempted to get with a medium for a seance so as to show Carles Darwin that evolution is a two- way street.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wtf...

Here, people, let me spell it out for you. Futility. That's the point of the picture in the motivator. I didn't even make it. The motivator is to remind the idiots that putting in real effort to try to "win" an internet argument ortoE-discredit someone (what Flinklock does all the time) is futile because this is the intraweb;no onereally cares what you sayand there is no judge or jury to validate your "wins." Therefore,you becomethe idiot for taking the internet seriously. Get it?

FightingGlock19

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
The motivator is to remind the idiots that putting in real effort to try to "win" an internet argument ... is futile because this is the intraweb;no onereally cares what you sayand there is no judge or jury to validate your "wins."
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.