• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Right Now on MSNBC - Guns & Kids in America

Armed

imported post

Just flipping through the channels and stumbled into to this. Started at 10pm. If you suffer from low blood pressure... this might solve your problem.

Armed

imported post

Hmm... so far, the documentary is not that bad. They're interviewing families that teach their children to shoot at young ages. Thus far, they are focusing on two families. One with a 6 year-old boy who is attending a class specifically designed for young shooters at a gun range, and another family who's father custom built an AR-15 for his 12 year-old daughter.

This is a british made documentary. I'm sure the *opinion* will eventually emerge later in the show.

Hey - they just showed a VCDL bumper sticker!!

Phssthpok

imported post

I don't have MSNBC handy on the tube, but I searched the site and cam up with several video clips from what might be the story you're referring to.

Clickification.

The announcer is decidedly British, but I don't hear them saying anything overtly negative...though they do get a few minor gun facts confused. But that's to be expected I suppose. (I'm not aware of US special forces hamstringing themselves in the field with semi-only AR's:uhoh:)

Armed

imported post

Ahh... there it was. They just had the gun show promoter who was charged after the 8 year-old kid shot himself with an Uzi at a shooting event, on the show. It was obviously taped before the incident. They froze the last frame and ran the text about the tragedy.

Armed

imported post

Here we go.... America has more school shootings than any other country, blah, blah, blah. .... Where's that little puke icon?:banghead:

Guns in the home are 43 tmes more likely to be used against the homeowner,...

3000 children killed by guns every year,....

Where's that little puke icon? :banghead:

Neplusultra

imported post

Armed wrote:
Here we go.... America has more school shootings than any other country, blah, blah, blah. .... Where's that little puke icon?:banghead:

Guns in the home are 43 tmes more likely to be used against the homeowner,...

3000 children killed by guns every year,....

Where's that little puke icon? :banghead:
You've got to sound balanced before you start all the propaganda lies, it makes you sound more credible.