• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stop resisting

imported post

Michigan 15-year-old dies after police Taser himhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090322/ap_on_re_us/teen_taser_death

our war on crime is a failure, why are we so hysterical over made up fake crimes that people will actually say these yahoo cops did the right thing, by killing someone over a fist fight/argument.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Nothing is 'safe' but only less risky. When Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle was invented it was likely demonstrated to have a 1/10,000 fatality rate that meant a death every year or two. Now it is 'deployed' a thousand times per day and we/they are leaning the meaning of a 10^-4 rate.

Safety is the first act of security theater and the tyrant's tool.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp wrote:
Michigan 15-year-old dies after police Taser himhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090322/ap_on_re_us/teen_taser_death

our war on crime is a failure, why are we so hysterical over made up fake crimes that people will actually say these yahoo cops did the right thing, by killing someone over a fist fight/argument.

The kid died because he refused to stop his illegal actions, and then attacked a cop, also illegal.

I don't have much sympathy for thugs.

Assault and battery is not a made up fake crime.

imported post

baaah baaa baaa sheeple

people don't deserve to die for a fist fight.

whoever called the cops for this "argument" should be kicked in the balls

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As much as I like being kept up-to-date on these things, this thread is off-topic for the forum.

The better use for this info is to save a link, and then post it into a thread discussion when tazers comeup under discussion.

JohnnyB, I supported you when you kept it to satire. You were even humorous from time to time.

But, if you don't knock off the cop bashing type stuff I'll write the alerts about your presence to John and Mike myself. Please just stop. I won't say why.You've been told over and over and over.

PS: Can you change your screen name? Ituses so much columnwidththat the columns on the mainthread title page are shifted all out of proportion.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Citizen wrote:
As much as I like being kept up-to-date on these things, this thread is off-topic for the forum.

The better use for this info is to save a link, and then post it into a thread discussion when tazers comeup under discussion.

JohnnyB, I supported you when you kept it to satire. You were even humorous from time to time.

But, if you don't knock off the cop bashing type stuff I'll write the alerts about your presence to John and Mike myself. Please just stop. I won't say why.You've been told over and over and over.

PS: Can you change your screen name? Ituses so much columnwidththat the columns on the mainthread title page are shifted all out of proportion.
Thank You

Chaingun81

imported post

ilbob wrote:

The kid died because he refused to stop his illegal actions, and then attacked a cop, also illegal.

+1.
The guy, 15 or not, should know better than attacking responding officers. What they were supposed to do - run away from him so he doesn't hurt them? WTF is police for then? I'm no fan of police overstepping their legal boundaries, but i'm also against neutering the cops. They are called LAW ENFORCEMENT for a reason - you need to use FORCE to ENFORCE. If it was just an argumentwith a brieffist fight, i'd agree that police had no business using force. But when cops arrived and ordered them to stop and got attacked in return, all bets are off. I, for one, think cops should be evenable to shoot thugs in the back if they run away after being clearly warned by a LEO who properly identified him/her self. Speaking of which, CBPshould also hire snipers who are authorized to shoot on sight if you really want to secure the border.

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
ilbob wrote:

+1.
The guy, 15 or not, should know better than attacking responding officers. What they were supposed to do - run away from him so he doesn't hurt them? WTF is police for then? I'm no fan of police overstepping their legal boundaries, but i'm also against neutering the cops. They are called LAW ENFORCEMENT for a reason - you need to use FORCE to ENFORCE. If it was just an argumentwith a brieffist fight, i'd agree that police had no business using force. But when cops arrived and ordered them to stop and got attacked in return, all bets are off. I, for one, think cops should be evenable to shoot thugs in the back if they run away after being clearly warned by a LEO who properly identified him/her self. Speaking of which, CBPshould also hire snipers who are authorized to shoot on sight if you really want to secure the border.
sieg heil

Evil Ernie

imported post

I remember back in the day when the cops showed up to a fist fight, they'd let the combatants duke it out, wear themselves out, declare a winner, then arrest them both for disorderly. Let those two finish the fight, THEN step in. Sheesh, don't cops know anything these days? Hell, the cops used to make bets on who was gonna be the winner...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Rethinking my post just a wee tad: My beef is with a device that the manufacturer continues to tout as "safe". All of us here can pretty much agree that nothing is completely safe.

I just do not believe that the device is as safe as is claimed and I most assuredly do not believe that it is a device that should be issued to or used by law enforcement.

Yeah, the kid was wrong, wrong, wrong. But that shouldn't have gotten him executed, no matter how accidentally.
Gota give the LEO's some credit here, at least they knew they were drawing down on him with tasers. Unlike the transit LEO in Washington?

suntzu

imported post

ilbob wrote:

that is right--assault is a crime that calls for the death penalty....that is asinine to no end...

You would have been a wonderful KGB interrogator at Lubyanka Prison in Moscow...

imported post

suntzu wrote:
ilbob wrote:

that is right--assault is a crime that calls for the death penalty....that is asinine to no end...

You would have been a wonderful KGB interrogator at Lubyanka Prison in Moscow...
right

and how do we know the kid really assaulted the cop? maybe he just farted near him?

suntzu

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
ilbob wrote:

+1.
there are so many things wrong with this post.....

suntzu

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
Rethinking my post just a wee tad: My beef is with a device that the manufacturer continues to tout as "safe". All of us here can pretty much agree that nothing is completely safe.

I just do not believe that the device is as safe as is claimed and I most assuredly do not believe that it is a device that should be issued to or used by law enforcement.

Yeah, the kid was wrong, wrong, wrong. But that shouldn't have gotten him executed, no matter how accidentally.
Gota give the LEO's some credit here, at least they knew they were drawing down on him with tasers. Unlike the transit LEO in Washington?
you mean the BART cop in Alameda Co, California?

maybe they really meant to draw and fire their guns and just accidentally drew their tasers instead?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

suntzu wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

you mean the BART cop in Alameda Co, California?

maybe they really meant to draw and fire their guns and just accidentally drew their tasers instead?
Thanks for the correction Suntzu. That's why I placed the ? on the end-I wasn't sure at the time of my post where exactly the location was at.