• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok who caries the Kimber Pro in Tacoma and was out saturday?

triehl27

imported post

I had the word passed to me that one of our members was polite and extremely patient, while waiting for word back from the WS Liquer Control board on whether it was legal or not to have a pistol inside the store.

To the Member, I heard it was resolved and that all parties were happy. I hope you had a good rest of the night.

The final District Manager opinion at least from the Tacoma area as I have heard it THIRD PARTY is that they recognize it is legal to carry in the liq store.

That is a THIRD party statement, I was not there or involved. What I eard was they recognize the legality or it because they sell not serve. But that further discussions would follow at the higher level to make all aware.

Again expressing thanks for the calm professional and patient manner in which it was resolved.

just_a_car

imported post

T'wasn't me, but WA Liquor stores are A-OK for carry due to the fact that they allow minors, per RCW 9.41.300:
(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
...SNIP...
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

Just in case they or you were wondering what exactly the law said in regards to places that sell liquor for firearms.

triehl27

imported post

No I knew that part about being ok, but as I understood it, it was the manager who was concerned about the legality.

compmanio365

imported post

That would have been me. :D Was looking for a bottle of peach schnapps and got stopped as soon as I walked in. I have been in the store @ 72nd and Portland many times before, but the poor lady that saw me walk in with my gun on my hip obviously had some hoplophobia....she was pretty upset. I told her I'd been in here and she had served me several times before....and I was carrying every time...this was just the first time I had OCd. That seemed to make sense to her.I said that we had all seen official correspondence from the LCB that stated OC was legal in liquor stores, specifically because no alcohol was being served on the premesis.....that seemed to make sense too, and I felt at that point they just wanted confirmation for CYA purposes.

We all waited for the word back from the store manager, I believe, that called and said OC was OK. All in all, about a 15 minute wait, but I'd rather have had the issue cleared up there without a problem then having stormed out and now trying to fix it with nasty letters and other things....and I still wouldn't have had my booze. :p

bugly

imported post

Hey! that's the "store" I shop at, funny, usually there is a WSP officer there making sure things don't go sour with the "undesireable element" that usually hangs out in the parking lot there. Good place to be armed, IMHO.

compmanio365

imported post

bugly wrote:
Hey! that's the "store" I shop at, funny, usually there is a WSP officer there making sure things don't go sour with the "undesireable element" that usually hangs out in the parking lot there. Good place to be armed, IMHO.

The "officer" there wasnot WSP, he was just loss prevention for the LCB. Unlike many such people in those positions, however, this one was very clearly armed and trained properly how to actually "secure" things, hence making "security" an appropriate title. He obviously took his job seriously and was polite and professional while carrying out his duties. Can't fault him for that.

I go to the dollar store next door as well quite often, and I'm usually OCing in there too. Haven't had a problem yet, but I'd agree, there are always some hanging around there that are not the pride and joy of Tacoma. The DSHS office just down the way doesn't help that situation.

wjofwa

imported post

bugly wrote:
The store you are probably thinking of is the one at 72 and Pacific Ave. The WSP only place a trooper in that store. The one at Portland Ave is smaller, and though they have security, they do not rate a trooper.

bugly

imported post

my mistake, I shop @ the pacific ave store, but it's real close, and they do have WSP there most days. I may have to amble on toward your store and see how that one's set up for scotch......
Still haven't found a single store in WA that carries Loch Lamond, now that's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood scotch from the land where they know the process of making proper scotch.

G27

imported post

Off topic: Just incase you're wondering, you can definitely special order liquor from the WSLB. The only downside is you have to buy a full case which is typically 12 750ml bottles. Depending on how much you'd be willing to drink it, you might consider it. Just ask any clerk and they will fill out the appropriate paperwork for you.

kenshin

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
I had the word passed to me that one of our members was polite and extremely patient, while waiting for word back from the WS Liquer Control board on whether it was legal or not to have a pistol inside the store.

To the Member, I heard it was resolved and that all parties were happy. I hope you had a good rest of the night.

The final District Manager opinion at least from the Tacoma area as I have heard it THIRD PARTY is that they recognize it is legal to carry in the liq store.

That is a THIRD party statement, I was not there or involved. What I eard was they recognize the legality or it because they sell not serve. But that further discussions would follow at the higher level to make all aware.

Again expressing thanks for the calm professional and patient manner in which it was resolved.
That's funny because I was actually in the 19th st. store on Saturday while OC and asked for the number to the LCB. I also carry a Kimber, but it's the Eclipse. :D

The store up in Purdy, has a "No minors allowed" sign which I've talked to them a number of times and they refuse to take down. So I'll just have to call the Liquor Board tonight. ;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

This is the same store that had issues this past summer with me carrying in there. I contacted the district manager and thought we had this issue resolved. I guess not....

Distric Manager Contact info:

Earl Hill, District Manager
Office: 253/471-5338
Cell: 253/370-2250

Roberson Bldg Ste 208
Fax: 360/704-5021
EH@LIQ.WA.GOV

6240 Tacoma Mall Blvd
Tacoma WA 98409-6819

compmanio365

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
This is the same store that had issues this past summer with me carrying in there. I contacted the district manager and thought we had this issue resolved. I guess not....

Distric Manager Contact info:

Earl Hill, District Manager
Office: 253/471-5338
Cell: 253/370-2250
This is the guy they contacted while I was there and said that OC was legal to the employees there. So he is most definitely on the same page, it just seems that some of their employees need a refresher course.