• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Gun Collectors Association Gun Show March 28-29

RedKnightt

imported post

http://www.vgca.org/gunshowmain.asp

Will be open 9-5 Sat and 9-4 Sunday, $6.00 admission.

pdf ad: http://www.vgca.org/events/March2009GunShow.pdf

From the site:

[align=center]March 28-29
At the Prince William County Fairgrounds
Conveniently located between I-95 and I-66 of the
Prince William Parkway
Modern and Antique Firearms, Collector Knives, and Other Related Equipment.

See exhibits of antique firearms from Revolutionary and Civil War, WW I, WWII, and more

Get the chance to look for that missing part or accessory for your old firearm

Get a Blue Book verbal appraisal

Talk to VGCA experts on all types of Firearms

Colt, Winchester, Remington, Springfield, and many more manufacturers antique firearms will be on display and for sale

A real collectors event and more
[/align]

Josh_C

imported post

Anybody been to this show before? If so, what kind of guns do they usually have there? Pretty much all collectibles?

fryfrye

imported post

I've been to this show before. Last time, Jerry's Trader was the "large" FFL vendor, there were a lot of smaller vendors there (not sure if they were private or FFL).

I picked up a nice HKp7 PSP last time - I plan to head out this weekend, its a smaller show and wasn't as crowded although I suspect that could be a big change this year...

fryfrye

RedKnightt

imported post

I'm definitely going to try and go. If I do, I'll post a trip report.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

nova

imported post

For 6 bucks, what the heck. I'll try to make it out. Figure at least if I find nothing I can hit up G&A Warehouse and VA Arms on the way out :cool:

RedKnightt

imported post

nova wrote:
For 6 bucks, what the heck. I'll try to make it out. Figure at least if I find nothing I can hit up G&A Warehouse and VA Arms on the way out :cool:
That was my thought. I'll look up the show, then go pester Longwatch and have a donut :D.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

RedKnightt

imported post

Well, I went, and I liked it. It was very well attended. It was maybe 1/10 the size of the Expo show but had the same shopper "density". Lots of folks crowding aisles. Lots of M1s and shotguns, and Trader Jerry's had a good portion of the show, as did the book seller who is always at Chantilly. Prices on stuff looked about the same as I see at other shows, but I don't really follow them closely. A few collectors were there showing historical arms, and there were a couple of Vietnam-era restored Jeeps that were really nice. What was really nice was the lack of Nazi stuff and "Death to Obama" type items. I prefer to go to a gun show and enjoy the experience, not to be surrounded by hate.

I give it an "A", and will go back next time they have it.