Thread: anti- in the gun shop

Post imported post

I had a weird exchange with a guy who walked into the shop last weekend. He stated that he "didn't believe in guns" and asked what was involved in someone buying or selling guns through the shop. I said you just needed a state ID/driver's license to sell; that and a filled out form, and a phoned in background check to buy. He was really incredulous and said "something needs to be done about this! 'They' need to do something!" I said "'they' did - the supreme court ruled it an individual constitutional right." He left in utter disgust. I expect he's calling "them" to get the situation rectified.

Even among antis, I've never seen this level of combined ignorance and dismay about the gun laws. Why the hell he would even wander into a gun shop given his position, I don't know.

-ljp

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Casing this joint of the 'movement'.

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    I had a weird exchange with a guy who walked into the shop last weekend. He stated that he "didn't believe in guns" and asked what was involved in someone buying or selling guns through the shop. I said you just needed a state ID/driver's license to sell; that and a filled out form, and a phoned in background check to buy. He was really incredulous and said "something needs to be done about this! 'They' need to do something!" I said "'they' did - the supreme court ruled it an individual constitutional right." He left in utter disgust. I expect he's calling "them" to get the situation rectified.

Even among antis, I've never seen this level of combined ignorance and dismay about the gun laws. Why the hell he would even wander into a gun shop given his position, I don't know.

-ljp
    Dementia perhaps. :?

Banned

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    Why the hell he would even wander into a gun shop given his position, I don't know.

One can only imagine...

Post imported post

So he doesn't believe in guns, kinda like I don't believe in the tooth fairy?:P

Post imported post

Legba wrote:

-ljp
    I hope you have him on security camera.. People who don't like abortions go into abortion clinics also, but usually to wreak havoc.. If you do have a tape of this fella, I'd print out a hard copy for future reference, ya never know when you might get to Cap an anti for sneaking up and attempting to assault you from behind!!

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    ... He stated that he "didn't believe in guns" ...

Shoulda plopped the biggest gun available into his hands and said, "There it is!A real honest to goodness gun! Do you believe in them now, or is this a figment of your imagination?"

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    Legba wrote:
    ... He stated that he "didn't believe in guns" ...

Shoulda plopped the biggest gun available into his hands and said, "There it is!A real honest to goodness gun! Do you believe in them now, or is this a figment of your imagination?"
    YES !!!

That's halarious ! :celebrate

Post imported post

I'm a believer!! in God!.Santa Clause!, the Easter Bunny!,the Tooth Fairy!,Garden Gnomes!, oh yes and Guns!!. their all out there, ya just gotta slow your life down a peg, and take notice of your surroundings..

Post imported post

Let's just pretend I never made this post.

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    "'They' need to do something!"
    I'd say he needs to do something: like move to a repressive state like CA, HI, NJ, NY.

Post imported post

I had a couple of folks who would do that when I was working in a shop. I would generally give them the answers to the questions they asked but if they started to get rude or uppity it was just a simple: "GTFO!"

Post imported post

The In Favor of Gun Control image needs to be on a t-shirt.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Post imported post

+1 or a bumper sticker

Post imported post

That lop would really fill his drawers if it was still like the 1960s where you could walk into a sporting goods or hardware store and buy a firearm without paperwork or a background check. There was a lot less crime in those days too. Ah, I miss the good old days....
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    and said "something needs to be done about this!
    The owner should have said your right, we''l do something right here and now "GET OUT"
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Oh, he left without encouragement. I don't know if he even saw the pistol on my belt. Probably would have fainted.

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:

-ljp
    Thats pretty amazing... What did the guy behind the counter look like?:what:<-- one of those? Personally I dont think i'd have the cajones to go and try to do that.

I agree with the poster as a T-Shirt idea!

Stopped in at the local shop to buy his very last box of 45 acp and there was a guy getting an alcohol powered car repaired(they do hobbies too) and he edged away from me as I walked to the ammo rack then turned to keep an eye on me. I gave him a smile and BSed with the store owner.

I asked the car owner how fast his car was. He ignored me and the store owner answered me with a 60mph. I didn't really care, I was trying to get the fidgety guy to calm down (and maybe look to his right at all the GUNS!!!! on the racks). He talked a bit to the owner in a very odd accent (maybe french) and ignored me except to keep me in his sight. He kinda looked Mediterranean.

Prettystrange people around!

Post imported post

If you had popped your head forward and yelled BOO he probably would have soiled his pants and fallen down in an attempt to get out of the store. Getting a mental image of Don Knotts in a haunted house...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!