• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave CiCi's Pizza in BR.

sraacke

imported post

I was out running errands today with my better half when we decide to stop for lunch at CiCi's pizza on Segan Blvdin Baton Rouge. It's a regular place on our list and the staff has always been nice and professional. Today was pretty much the same until just as we were finishing and about to leave. That's when Lisa, the manager, came over to our table and said, "You have to take the gun outside." I said, "Excuse me?" She repeated, "I have to ask you to go outside with the gun." I replied that "We were just on our way out." She stayed at our table and made small talk while we gatherd our stuff and got up. She was never unplesant and I told her that we'd see her again soon.

See, there's never a problem until a sheep gets upset and then their right to not see a armed citizen in public trumps your right to sit and have a peaceful meal.

I never did make a big deal and try to find out the details of who complained. It would not have made a difference. I was asked to leave and I did. I had my digital voice recorder with me as usual but didn't bother turning it on.

Bythe way, I was dressed in jeans, a light blue pull over shirt and was OCing a Star BM 9mm in a leather belt slide holster on my right side at 4o'clock, if any of that matters.

sraacke

imported post

Dustin wrote:
You plan on complaining later ?

Don't know. Wasn't really planning to. The way I see it, I'm going back again in a couple of weeks and, like always, I'll be OCing. They will serve me just like always.

We have a larger battle here. Complaining isn't going to accomplish anything. The manager knows us and handled it well. Certainly better than the manager of the Ruston Wal-mart.

The fact is we still live in a society where OC is uncommon and the sheeple get upset. Sometimes one will mention something to a store owner or manager and he manager has to make a business decission. Mark mentioned this in the Ruston Wal-Mart thread. That it's a private business and they can refuse service to whomever they want.

What we have to do is continue what we have been doing and whittle away at some fo the BS out there.

Sure I'd like to get upset. I'd like to turn the tables and complain on the sheeple for not carrying a firearm and leaving his family defenseless.Why am I carrying a gun? Why the hell aren't you carrying one? Dear God, Man. Don't you have any sense of responsibility?

What good does that do and what kind of image does that leave the manager and other guests of the guy with the gun? Not a good one. CiCis hasn't posted their resurtant and as far as I know they don't have a policy against guns like Waffle house. They deal with this on a one on one basis.

Meanwhile we have to continue to win hearts and minds.

Dustin

imported post

yale wrote:
Dustin wrote:
You plan on complaining later ?

Don't know. Wasn't really planning to. The way I see it, I'm going back again in a couple of weeks and, like always, I'll be OCing. They will serve me just like always.

We have a larger battle here. Complaining isn't going to accomplish anything. The manager knows us and handled it well. Certainly better than the manager of the Ruston Wal-mart.

The fact is we still live in a society where OC is uncommon and the sheeple get upset. Sometimes one will mention something to a store owner or manager and he manager has to make a business decission. Mark mentioned this in the Ruston Wal-Mart thread. That it's a private business and they can refuse service to whomever they want.

What we have to do is continue what we have been doing and whittle away at some fo the BS out there.

Sure I'd like to get upset. I'd like to turn the tables and complain on the sheeple for not carrying a firearm and leaving his family defenseless.Why am I carrying a gun? Why the hell aren't you carrying one? Dear God, Man. Don't you have any sense of responsibility?

What good does that do and what kind of image does that leave the manager and other guests of the guy with the gun? Not a good one. CiCis hasn't posted their resurtant and as far as I know they don't have a policy against guns like Waffle house. They deal with this on a one on one basis.

Meanwhile we have to continue to win hearts and minds.

Right,I wasn't saying that you should have, just wondering what your plan of action was. Sounds to me like it's a good plan of action :cool:

Although It sure would have been nice to talk to the whiner.

turbodog

imported post

yale wrote:
I was out running errands today with my better half when we decide to stop for lunch at CiCi's pizza on Segan Blvdin Baton Rouge. It's a regular place on our list and the staff has always been nice and professional. Today was pretty much the same until just as we were finishing and about to leave. That's when Lisa, the manager, came over to our table and said, "You have to take the gun outside." I said, "Excuse me?" She repeated, "I have to ask you to go outside with the gun." I replied that "We were just on our way out." She stayed at our table and made small talk while we gatherd our stuff and got up. She was never unplesant and I told her that we'd see her again soon.
Is this a manager your familiar with, or a new one? Did she explain why she asked you to take the gun outside? You mentioned sheeple getting upset but didn't say directly if it was a customer complaint that made her talk to you.

Well, at least you got to enjoy most of the meal in peace.

imported post

NEVER have been asked to leave the one on Corporate, even after a deputy came to check us out.
If I'm asked to leave any business, I do leave, then make an attempt to talk to someone higher up.
If THEY don't want me, I'll be damned if I'll ever go back. In today's business environment, there are PLENTY of other businesses hungry for new business, trust me.