Thread: In need of Gunsmithing

Post imported post

Made an OC stop in the great outdoors to help my pal break in his new Ruger GP-100. I took my Wincherter mod 37A 20 Gauge, put a few slugs down range and noticed the bead mssing, closer look revealed a split from the missing bead to end of barrel.Can this be cut and recrowned, or maybe have an aftermarker adjustable installed. Thats why a need a good GunSmith. Had this gun since 1974, man I'mbummed. I live Arlington, so the closer the better!

Edit: I meant adjustable choke, as the second option over cut and recrowned.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Try Stan Baker's Gun Shop in Lake City. A lot of their work deals with Shotguns. Very low key and old school shop. The employees have always been pleasent whenever I have stopped to look around.

Stan Baker's Gun Shop
    11530 Lake City Way NE, Seattle,WA98125
    206 522-4575

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

I use Larry Conley at Classic Precision Gunsmithing. He is in Snohomish (Cathcart technically). Does good work at reasonale price.

http://www.yellowbot.com/classic-pre...homish-wa.html

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure one of our forum member is a gunsmith. Might wanna give a fellow OC'er some business first?

Edit: sirpuma is the person I was thinking about.

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure one of our forum member is a gunsmith. Might wanna give a fellow OC'er some business first?

Edit: sirpuma is the person I was thinking about.
    Will send him a PM. Thanks.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

You might try this website, with a national database of gunsmiths: http://www.gunsmiths.com

I have a Ruger Hawkeye pistol, a rare single-shot gun with an ever rarer chambering: .256 Winchester Magnum. It's missing a couple parts, and because they're not available any longer from Ruger, they will have to be reverse-engineered and fabricated. I found a guy named Clifford LaBounty in Maple Falls who is RETIRED and doesn't take a lot of new business but will do a few jobs that he wants to take on. His specialty was re-boring/re-chambering of rifles and revolvers.

Another is Mel Doyle at (360) 686-1006 in (?) Ferndale. This phone is a double phone/FAX number and he doesn't often answer, so leave a message.

<Edited for adding specialty>

Post imported post

The work you require takes not only special training but also special equipment. All I could do is trim off the end of the barrel and square it up. The best place to get a new after market choke installed is in Texas as is expensive. I can't think of their name right now, but can find it for you.

Post imported post

I have a great gunsmith, Dave at Southridge Arms and Refinishing. His website is southridgearmsand refinishing.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

A & J Gunsmithing - (2)(206) 244-0669 - 708 Sw 158th St, Burien, WA

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    The work you require takes not only special training but also special equipment. All I could do is trim off the end of the barrel and square it up. The best place to get a new after market choke installed is in Texas as is expensive. I can't think of their name right now, but can find it for you.
    Thanks I ended up going with Larry Conley at Classic Precision Gunsmithing.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Lowski wrote:
    Try Stan Baker's Gun Shop in Lake City. A lot of their work deals with Shotguns. Very low key and old school shop. The employees have always been pleasent whenever I have stopped to look around.

Stan Baker's Gun Shop
    11530 Lake City Way NE, Seattle,WA98125
    206 522-4575
    From what I read on other forums Stan Bakers is having problems actually finishing work and getting the guns returned to the owners. I could be wrong butI would definitely do a little research before using them for repairs.

Post imported post

try Bolle & Tammaro. Talk to Bill. (253) 531-2930

4040 So. Tyler St
    Unit 1 A & B
    Tacoma, WA 98409

the work i've done with him is fantastic.

Post imported post

jborushko wrote:
    try Bolle & Tammaro. Talk to Bill. (253) 531-2930

4040 So. Tyler St
    Unit 1 A & B
    Tacoma, WA 98409

the work i've done with him is fantastic.
    bumped up...

Just dropped my .45 at this shop after talking w/ Bill Tammaro. Very impressive little shop.

Post imported post

email Dave Neilsen at southridgearms.com. He is a great gunsmith and located in

Orting. Very fast turn around.

Post imported post

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 04/04/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion

woodsman wrote:
    email Dave Neilsen at southridgearms.com. He is a great gunsmith and located in

Orting. Very fast turn around.
    Apparently so!

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

911Boss wrote:
    I use Larry Conley at Classic Precision Gunsmithing. He is in Snohomish (Cathcart technically). Does good work at reasonale price.

http://www.yellowbot.com/classic-pre...homish-wa.html

Thank you for posting this! I just got off the phone with Larry and he seems like a really nice guy. He lives less than 10 minutes from my house, and I've been looking for a good local gunsmith for awhile now.

Much appreciated.

Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Post imported post

The closest I can get you is Grumpy's Gun Repair in Granite Falls. I've had him work on several of my guns with good result.