Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Exhibit you should carry ALL the time

Post imported post

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost.c...-says-sheriff/

A man was killed in Landsdowne in Loudoun County. He has a Concealed permit, and it appeared that he went out with his wife for a morning walk. They were attacked less than a tenth of a mile from their own home, blunt force trauma. I am guessing he was not carrying to protect himself and his wife.

My better half thinks I am paranoid because I carry when I go around the neighborhood walking our dog. This may change her mind.[b]

Post imported post

Yup I carry just to walk the dog too.

Post imported post

This is very surprising to me! I have friends that live there and it is a very upscale area. Truly saddening.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    less than a tenth of a mile from their own home,
    A tenth of a mile is 528 feet and nearly next door.

Post imported post

I carry to go check the mail, or take the trash out!!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Kinda funny to see some of the responding yuppies agonize over carrying a firearm for personal protection. God forbid they might (did he sayd it) align themselves with native Virginians.

It really is sad that this man chose not to carry his sidearm on a day that would wind up being his last. This should be a lesson to others, especially those who might be having some difficultly convincing their spouses, to carry that piece and keep it at your ready.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

"They were not carrying identification, but authorities learned their identities by the man's fingerprints, which were on file because he owned a concealed weapon, Simpson said."

On file, WHERE?! Fingerprint cards are supposed to be returned or destroyed after the background check is successfully done for the permit. Did they access the FBI database, where a copy is no doubt permanently entered?

More proof that, once you are in the system, you can't get out.

Post imported post

johnfenter wrote:
    "They were not carrying identification, but authorities learned their identities by the man's fingerprints, which were on file because he owned a concealed weapon, Simpson said."

On file, WHERE?! Fingerprint cards are supposed to be returned or destroyed after the background check is successfully done for the permit. Did they access the FBI database, where a copy is no doubt permanently entered?

Sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

Post imported post

johnfenter wrote:

As required by ยง 18.2-308(D):

All fingerprint cards not claimed by the applicant within 21 days of notification by the local agency shall be destroyed. All optically scanned fingerprints shall be destroyed upon completion of the criminal history records check without requiring that the applicant be notified. Fingerprints taken for the purposes described in this section shall not be copied, held or used for any other purposes.
    The story needs pursuing.

Post imported post

It's reasons like this I have a gun or knife within arms reach of 24 hours a day (except) when I'm in the shower or getting dressed of course.

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    It's reasons like this I have a gun or knife within arms reach of 24 hours a day (except) when I'm in the shower or getting dressed of course.
    Ditto

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Ditto
    He apparently did not have it the one time he needed it - sad.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Ditto

Yata hey
    Did I miss the part where they said he didn't have his gun with him before the attack?

I'm hoping that Sheriff Simpson was simply mistaken that William Bennett's fingerprints were "on file" because of the concealed handgun permit; and that they were either not "on file" or they were "on file" for some other reason.

For reference:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...372826#p372826

Post imported post

This sounds VERY similar to things that were going on in Annandale a few years back. MS-13 gang initiations... a van would pull up to a sidewalk where a pedestrian was walking, gang recruits would exit the vanand attack the pedestrian with bats and other blunt force objects.

I wonder if THIS has any relevence in this case:
    MASON DISTRICT STATION (DISTRICT 4)
    ROBBERY

Westmoreland Road/Greenway Boulevard

On Saturday, March 22 around 2:30 a.m., two men reported to police they had been robbed and beaten by two men. The victims were walking on Westmoreland Road near Greenway Boulevard when they saw the suspects. One suspect had a baseball bat and struck both victims several times while the second suspect demanded money. The suspects stole several items and fled on foot. The victims refused treatment for their minor injuries. The suspects were described as Hispanic, about 25 years old. The armed suspect was about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 175 pounds. He was shirtless. The second suspect was approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighed 180 pounds. He wore a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Post imported post

Arrgh - edit the white space blocks nakedshoplifter - right click on them & delete.

Please
    . Its hard to read and gives me a head ache :?

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

IGrapeshot wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Ditto

Yata hey
    Yes very sad.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Arrgh - edit the white space blocks nakedshoplifter - right click on them & delete.

Please
    . Its hard to read and gives me a head ache :?

Yata hey

Trust me, I tried. The forum software doesn't like the text.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Ditto
    I agree, there is always a weapon on my side, unless im sleeping or in the shower. They are even within reach when im doing that as well. I have the benefit of carrying a weapon for work too so im covered .

sheep dogs unite!

Post imported post

Regarding the "fingerprints on file for CHP" issue, Loudoun County doesn't require fingerprints on a CHP app. And that's before we even get to the point that they're supposed to be destroyed after the records check.

I suspect incompetence on how this is being reported, either by the Sheriff's Office or the media.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    This sounds VERY similar to things that were going on in Annandale a few years back. MS-13 gang initiations... a van would pull up to a sidewalk where a pedestrian was walking, gang recruits would exit the vanand attack the pedestrian with bats and other blunt force objects.
    This was my thought at first too. Who robs "two" joggers, who are unlikely to be carrying valuables. Who sexually assaults a 50+ YO woman who is with a man? Plus that wasn't reported. There's a video online of a Hispanic young man walking up behind a homeless guy with a bat and hitting him in the head, killing him.

Not sure about the second report of yours about the bat robbery of the two men. They were not injured severely. But the MO seems common enough to fit a profile for Hispanic gangsters.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    In the summertime when wearing very little in the way of clothing (shorts and shirt for all you perverts thinking the worse ), I have a .380 Colt MKIV Series 80 that I wear around my neck on a chain. If you're familiar with this firearm, it has a small circle to put the chain through on the back of the hammer. It's somewhat heavy at first, but you get accustomed to real quick.

On a side note, I often wonder how much the little thing is worth now. I think I only paid $250 to $275 when I bought it brand new many years ago. It's never been fired, YET!
    $900, or so says wikianswers. Of course no one will ever believe it's never been fired :^). I can't believe it. Shouldn't you at least shoot it once if you're going to carry it :^)?

found this article about jamming;

http://pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?t=28350

I had a "lot" of trouble with jams with my kel-tec .380. Winchester FN factories would jam the worst, fewer with my own reloads. After a few hundred rounds though it's loosened up and I just don't have a problem anymore. But I still don't shoot the Winchesters either. Speer HPs do well.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    In the summertime when wearing very little in the way of clothing (shorts and shirt for all you perverts thinking the worse ), I have a .380 Colt MKIV Series 80 that I wear around my neck on a chain. If you're familiar with this firearm, it has a small circle to put the chain through on the back of the hammer. It's somewhat heavy at first, but you get accustomed to real quick.

On a side note, I often wonder how much the little thing is worth now. I think I only paid $250 to $275 when I bought it brand new many years ago. It's never been fired, YET!
    Never been fired !! It might just be a fancy necklace. :shock:

I am not familiar with this particular gun but seems to be that a chain thru the hammer might potentially prevent a proper hammer strike.

Is this anything like wearing an albatross around your neck?

Yata hey

Post imported post

Just because you're carrying does NOT mean you will prevail. You may not even get the weapon out!

SouthNarc's ECQC course (www.shivworks.com) covers the 0-6 foot space very effectively. It includes tactics on handling contacts (with the "Be polite but have a plan to kill everyone you meet") to what to do in the FUT (fooq'd up tangle).

These things go at an accelerated rate of speed. It's really unbelieveable when you have a NON-COOPERATIVE opponent. Even if you have a gun out, what do you do when the guy says "Hey, I'm unarmed. You cannot shoot me" as he walks up to you? (shoot him). The problem is folks HESITATE, thinking about court, rather than fighting. When the guy is within six feet...his rush is faster than you can draw.

Shooting from retention

FUT...this very well could have happened to this couple

Gray shirt closed in on brown shirt very fast

Lots of jammed guns from errant limbs...very easy to do!

It's VERY tough to clear a gun in a FUT. I tried several times and failed. I defaulted to whacking the FIST helmet with the gun or my fist.

Mutual death when both guys have guns and they separate

Post imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
    snip.....
    SouthNarc's ECQC course (http://www.shivworks.com) covers the 0-6 foot space very effectively. It includes tactics on handling contacts (with the "Be polite but have a plan to kill everyone you meet") to what to do in the FUT (fooq'd up tangle).
    Fixed link for you - http://www.shivworks.com

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    cREbralFIX wrote:
    snip.....
    SouthNarc's ECQC course (http://www.shivworks.com) covers the 0-6 foot space very effectively. It includes tactics on handling contacts (with the "Be polite but have a plan to kill everyone you meet") to what to do in the FUT (fooq'd up tangle).
    Fixed link for you - http://www.shivworks.com

Yata hey
    No worky, try this:

http://www.shivworks.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast