• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Exhibit you should carry ALL the time

Chuckles

imported post

http://loudounextra.washingtonpost....sdowne-attack-appears-be-random-says-sheriff/

A man was killed in Landsdowne in Loudoun County. He has a Concealed permit, and it appeared that he went out with his wife for a morning walk. They were attacked less than a tenth of a mile from their own home, blunt force trauma. I am guessing he was not carrying to protect himself and his wife.

My better half thinks I am paranoid because I carry when I go around the neighborhood walking our dog. This may change her mind.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Kinda funny to see some of the responding yuppies agonize over carrying a firearm for personal protection. God forbid they might (did he sayd it) align themselves with native Virginians.

It really is sad that this man chose not to carry his sidearm on a day that would wind up being his last. This should be a lesson to others, especially those who might be having some difficultly convincing their spouses, to carry that piece and keep it at your ready.

johnfenter

imported post

"They were not carrying identification, but authorities learned their identities by the man's fingerprints, which were on file because he owned a concealed weapon, Simpson said."

On file, WHERE?! Fingerprint cards are supposed to be returned or destroyed after the background check is successfully done for the permit. Did they access the FBI database, where a copy is no doubt permanently entered?

More proof that, once you are in the system, you can't get out.

Neplusultra

imported post

johnfenter wrote:
"They were not carrying identification, but authorities learned their identities by the man's fingerprints, which were on file because he owned a concealed weapon, Simpson said."

On file, WHERE?! Fingerprint cards are supposed to be returned or destroyed after the background check is successfully done for the permit. Did they access the FBI database, where a copy is no doubt permanently entered?

Sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

Repeater

imported post

johnfenter wrote:

As required by § 18.2-308(D):

All fingerprint cards not claimed by the applicant within 21 days of notification by the local agency shall be destroyed. All optically scanned fingerprints shall be destroyed upon completion of the criminal history records check without requiring that the applicant be notified. Fingerprints taken for the purposes described in this section shall not be copied, held or used for any other purposes.
The story needs pursuing.

Spectre

imported post

It's reasons like this I have a gun or knife within arms reach of 24 hours a day (except) when I'm in the shower or getting dressed of course.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Spectre wrote:
It's reasons like this I have a gun or knife within arms reach of 24 hours a day (except) when I'm in the shower or getting dressed of course.
Ditto
He apparently did not have it the one time he needed it - sad.

Yata hey

virginiatuck

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Spectre wrote:
Ditto
He apparently did not have it the one time he needed it - sad.

Yata hey
Did I miss the part where they said he didn't have his gun with him before the attack?

I'm hoping that Sheriff Simpson was simply mistaken that William Bennett's fingerprints were "on file" because of the concealed handgun permit; and that they were either not "on file" or they were "on file" for some other reason.

For reference:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22265&forum_id=54&jump_to=372826#p372826

IanB

imported post

This sounds VERY similar to things that were going on in Annandale a few years back. MS-13 gang initiations... a van would pull up to a sidewalk where a pedestrian was walking, gang recruits would exit the vanand attack the pedestrian with bats and other blunt force objects.

I wonder if THIS has any relevence in this case:
MASON DISTRICT STATION (DISTRICT 4)
[align=left]ROBBERY[/align]
[align=left]Westmoreland Road/Greenway Boulevard[/align]
[align=left]On Saturday, March 22 around 2:30 a.m., two men reported to police they had been robbed and beaten by two men. The victims were walking on Westmoreland Road near Greenway Boulevard when they saw the suspects. One suspect had a baseball bat and struck both victims several times while the second suspect demanded money. The suspects stole several items and fled on foot. The victims refused treatment for their minor injuries. The suspects were described as Hispanic, about 25 years old. The armed suspect was about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 175 pounds. He was shirtless. The second suspect was approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighed 180 pounds. He wore a white T-shirt and blue jeans.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Arrgh - edit the white space blocks nakedshoplifter - right click on them & delete.

Please
. Its hard to read and gives me a head ache :?

Yata hey

IanB

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Arrgh - edit the white space blocks nakedshoplifter - right click on them & delete.

Please
. Its hard to read and gives me a head ache :?

Yata hey
Trust me, I tried. The forum software doesn't like the text.

wehrmachtXD40_COLT45

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Spectre wrote:
Ditto

I agree, there is always a weapon on my side, unless im sleeping or in the shower. They are even within reach when im doing that as well. I have the benefit of carrying a weapon for work too so im covered :D.

sheep dogs unite!

TexasNative

imported post

Regarding the "fingerprints on file for CHP" issue, Loudoun County doesn't require fingerprints on a CHP app. And that's before we even get to the point that they're supposed to be destroyed after the records check.

I suspect incompetence on how this is being reported, either by the Sheriff's Office or the media.

Neplusultra

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
This sounds VERY similar to things that were going on in Annandale a few years back. MS-13 gang initiations... a van would pull up to a sidewalk where a pedestrian was walking, gang recruits would exit the vanand attack the pedestrian with bats and other blunt force objects.
This was my thought at first too. Who robs "two" joggers, who are unlikely to be carrying valuables. Who sexually assaults a 50+ YO woman who is with a man? Plus that wasn't reported. There's a video online of a Hispanic young man walking up behind a homeless guy with a bat and hitting him in the head, killing him.

Not sure about the second report of yours about the bat robbery of the two men. They were not injured severely. But the MO seems common enough to fit a profile for Hispanic gangsters.