• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No-Contact holster for OC?

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So who's going to make a holster wrap that stays "hot" until turned off by the wearer when they need to draw? That could be hilarious when someone goes to prove how unsafe OC is by trying a weapon grab.

http://www.no-contact.com/

"The No-Contact Jacket is a wearable defensive jacket created to aid women in their struggle for protection from violence. When activated by the wearer, 80,000 volts of low amperage electric current pulses just below the surface shell of the entire jacket. This exo-electric armor prevents any person from unauthorized contact with the wearer's body. If an assailant were to grab hold of the wearer the high voltage exterior would interrupt their neurological impulses which control voluntary muscle movement. The neuromuscular system would be overwhelmed causing disorientation and loss of balance to occur and of course pain. The pain experienced is non-lethal but is enough to effectively and immediately deter contact with the wearer and provide a critical life saving opportunity for escape."

sean3686

imported post

I like under the FAQ.
"what if someone has a knife or a gun?"

kinda a cool idea, but has its limitations.

Michigander

imported post

That pic razor posted is obviously from Oleg Volk, which is funny, because THR is notorious for censorship. I've got no problems with running a private web site however the owner see's fit, but the wording there is downright hypocritical.

But on topic, I don't like the sound of that. Sounds like it would be prone to malfunction. Getting shocked is no fun. :what:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Can't wait for the gov spokesman claiming they are completely safe
after a few leo's keel over trying to feel up a poor traffic victim trying to get
out of a ticket.:p
"Just a tragic accident, the cloths are perfectly safe"............

But if you are worried about safety there are ways to keep the circut open
till you want them to work.
As a benifit, BG will be easier to spot, they will be wearing a lot of "rubber".:what:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How about instead of a jacket, it's just a holster or perhaps a holster with flap? Gun grab attempts would be a lot more exiting.

nofoa

imported post

What if your getting on a crowded elevator and are forced to press up against said jacket. You might find just as many situations where wearing this jacket will prevent people from saving you. "Lady i'd like to treat your knife wounds... But."

What happens when it rains?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

nofoa wrote:
What if your getting on a crowded elevator and are forced to press up against said jacket. You might find just as many situations where wearing this jacket will prevent people from saving you. "Lady i'd like to treat your knife wounds... But."

What happens when it rains?
Well you switch to your electrified umbrella I guess.:lol:
I hope you kept those rubber booties (galoushes?) from when you were a kid.

I know in the land of the free over the pond you could get your car seats done
like this. But the criminals in the states might get hurt so you couldn't stop them.

Besides a good stiff jolt will cauterize the knife wound and stop the bleeding.
Plus knifes are metal so he will get a nice hit as well.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Again folks, not a jacket. What about an open carry holster? Only turns on when you push a button on a tab clipped to your cuff so its already "in hand".

SlackwareRobert

imported post

No, if you are going to juice up the holster, the best bet is a two way retension
or second retention for the juice. I wouldn't mind a little ice pick that shoots up
when the gun is jerked up with the retention engaged. This would leave a
trail for the leo to follow. You could fit a nice 3 inch spike at least.