• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOGLE ZOO <- OCDO/UCC Get together 25-April-2009

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It looks like Ruger Collector has officially nominated himself as the April "party planner"! :celebrate

I wish I were there to attend. I haven't been to the Hogle Zoo since I was a kid!

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Sounds good the 25th would be great day to meet. I think this would be a great OC event. Would be great if we could get a statement from the County or the city stating it is legal so the liberals at the Zoo can't turn us away. Let me know I will file a press release as well

41 Magnum

imported post

Couple things-

1. We better get the zoo policy straightened out beforehand.

2. I'm out on this one guys. That's my range day for Aprils hunter education class. At least I'll miss it for a good reason, eh?;)

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Sent message to The AG Asking nicely about why the Hoggle Zoo Can enforce a no OC Policy when they are supported by Tax Dollars we will see where this go's

rpyne

imported post

Well, I sent a request to the AG's office yesterday afternoon:

Is Hogle Zoo subject to UCA 53-5a-101 and 76-10-500?

The manager claims that they are a private entity, but the land they occupy is listed by the Salt Lake County Assessor as owned by Salt Lake City and their own web site says they receive funding from the State of Utah and Salt Lake County.

Thank you for your consideration.
I received a response a few minutes ago:

Thank you for writing to the Utah Attorney General’s Office.

The Attorney General’s Office is counsel to the state agencies and is prohibited by law from giving legal advise to private citizens therefore; you may want to contact a private attorney for assistance. I trust you will find this helpful.

Sincerely;
Pam Stevens
Constituent Affairs
What a bunch of crap!!! There are several places in Utah law that specifically mandate the AG to act as an advocate for the citizens.

thx997303

imported post

That really is a load of crap, plus that is clearly not a request for legal advice as much as it is an ask for clareification.

mazellan819

imported post

rpyne wrote:
Well, I sent a request to the AG's office yesterday afternoon:

Is Hogle Zoo subject to UCA 53-5a-101 and 76-10-500?

The manager claims that they are a private entity, but the land they occupy is listed by the Salt Lake County Assessor as owned by Salt Lake City and their own web site says they receive funding from the State of Utah and Salt Lake County.

Thank you for your consideration.
I received a response a few minutes ago:

Thank you for writing to the Utah Attorney General’s Office.

The Attorney General’s Office is counsel to the state agencies and is prohibited by law from giving legal advise to private citizens therefore; you may want to contact a private attorney for assistance. I trust you will find this helpful.

Sincerely;
Pam Stevens
Constituent Affairs
What a bunch of crap!!! There are several places in Utah law that specifically mandate the AG to act as an advocate for the citizens.
IIWY, I would resend the email with all of the research done. IE..all pertinent Utah codes with the information you can find about Hogle zoo being considered a state entity would help in countering the argument that you are asking for legal advice. Maybe even the code stating that the AG's office is to act as an advocate for citizens. Just an idea.

I know when I contacted them about UVU's policy against leagal firearm carry that is how I worded it and they responded to me with clarification that I was allowed to carry on campus and they even contacted the president of UVU explaining that their rule was illegal.

Ruger Collector

imported post

Would the 18th work better for everybody? Theresa lot ofwhining on UCC about the 25th... I could really do either day, but initially selected the 25th because they're having Hawaiian BBQ that day.

Mazellan: keep up the good work on the research, if we're not able to get an AG opinion we could just take advantage of the Hawaiian shirt theme on the 25th and pray for a windy day to expose our.... ;)

Though we may not really need an AG opinion (would be very nice though), LEO can check registered owners of property through their dispatcher...

MuellerBadener

imported post

I can't seem to register on the other forum, (It keeps asking for an authorization code, but when I click the spot where it says "find it here" it takes me to the forum rules instead. No code.) so I can't add my $0.02 worth too the poll. That said the 25th works best for us, and I've been asking friends that aren't forum members yet if they'd be interested.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
I can't seem to register on the other forum, (It keeps asking for an authorization code, but when I click the spot where it says "find it here" it takes me to the forum rules instead. No code.) so I can't add my $0.02 worth too the poll. That said the 25th works best for us, and I've been asking friends that aren't forum members yet if they'd be interested.
Haha you need to read the forum rules... The authorization code is hidden within them sort of a check to see if you actually read the rules. Good luck finding it.

MuellerBadener

imported post

Read through twice. Granted I was doing it in a hurry, but didn't see "Authorization code" anywhere. There was another code but it wasn't the same title. I'll try again.

:banghead:

J

imported post

If you care about your 2nd amendment rights you will exercise your 1st amendment rights!

When? April 25, 2:00pm, MARK YOUR CALENDER.

Where? salt lake federal reserve bank,120 S State St Salt Lake City.

Why? Fight for Freedom, our Constitution and protest against the Federal Reserve.

Please plan to attend this protest after the Hogle Zoo trip.

rpyne

imported post

Ruger Collector wrote:
Update: We're sticking with the 25th.
Has anyone heard from Mark Shurtleff, Mitch Vilos or Clark Aposhian on the private/public property issue with the zoo?