• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Started to OC last week. Never stopped

inhoc_z28

imported post

Well, I'm new to the forums. I'm 21 and live in Sheridan. I just bought a Glock 17 a week ago. I already had my Serpa holster and mag holster on my belt when I picked it up. (bought it in texas and had it shipped here) I have OC everywhere for going on two weeks now. The only response I have got is that from a few friends just wondering if its legal. I have beento a lot of bussiness' also. Wal-mart a few times, gas stations, and many restaurants. I have been around a few cops a few different times and none of them looked twice. So, Its safe to say Sheridan is a good place for people that want to OC!

SDguy

imported post

That's great! I am from South Dakota where I open carry and I also open carry in your great state of Wyoming when I travel. I will be going thru Wyoming again in two weeks and will open carry again.

Like you, I never have had much more than a glance from the authorities when open carrying. Occasionally get citizens asking if that is legal.

inhoc_z28

imported post

SDguy wrote:
That's great! I am from South Dakota where I open carry and I also open carry in your great state of Wyoming when I travel. I will be going thru Wyoming again in two weeks and will open carry again.

Like you, I never have had much more than a glance from the authorities when open carrying. Occasionally get citizens asking if that is legal.
What part of SD? I have family in Belle, Rapid, Spear fish, and my father grew up in Buffalo.

SDguy

imported post

inhoc_z28 wrote:
SDguy wrote:

What part of SD? I have family in Belle, Rapid, Spear fish, and my father grew up in Buffalo.

I am south of that. Located in Custer County near Mt. Rushmore but travel a great deal all over SD and the nation.

Just made my first commercial airline trip with a firearm last week. Have been flying for years but this is the first time I checked a handgun. All went without a problem in both directions.

I will now start flying with a firearm when I go to any state that recognizes my SD permit. Was in Mich last week. Wish I could carry when I go to California or New York City the two places I am most apt to need protection.

Huck

imported post

SDguy wrote:
Wish I could carry when I go to California or New York City the two places I am most apt to need protection.
I know I'm preaching to the choir here but the fact that you cant carry, concealed or openly, in those placesis why you're most apt to need protection.

SDguy

imported post

And, California's anti gun stand is one of the many reasons I left the state after living there for 20 years. So now I live in a very gun friendly state which has far less crime most likely due to the fact that more of us are legally armed.

I suspect that each time I go into my bank or shopping that a vast number of us banking or shopping are legally armed. And, I can honestly say that I am safer armed and around other armed citizens whom no doubt would come to my aid as I will to theirs.

Our state legislature allows us to carry concealed firearms in our colleges and universities but our university administrators will expell us from college if we are caught carrying. Go figure? I carry in class anyway as I suspect many others do as well. A Virginia Tech affair would turn out differently here!

Majorpain

imported post

Yeah Im 22 I live in Riverton and open carry everywhere, even with my CCW. I have been asked a few times if I was a cop. No Im not but im aware of law's and regulations People here ask me all the time how to legaly carry or how to obtain a CCW.

Everyone I have talked to under 21 I explain that they too can open carry I tell them the do's and do not's even though there are so few in this great state. Everyone I have talked to over 21 I give them a CCW application and explain the process, I cary extra app's in my truck and encourage other people to do the same, share our knowlege and keep our way of life well armed and protected.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
John F. Kennedy