• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun ban list

POORBOY

imported post

Sorry this so long. I received this via an e-mail this morning.Not trying to stir up any poop but i found some of these redicolous.

I received this email and it reaffirms this administrations’ intent to dramatically erode and to eventually take away our 2nd amendment rights. The next step will be to justify illegal search and seizure, to confiscate
and arrest people with guns. We cannot let this legislation happen.

&am p;nb sp;
The Gun Ban list is out, andit is bad news. The framework for legislationis already laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own.

Remember, it is registration,then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, inEurope, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that youdid.

Please send this to everyone you can. It will come up for a vote, and it might even be a secret vote if Madame Pelosi has her way, and then it will be a done deal.

Remember, The first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

&am p;nb sp;
Gun Law Update by Alan Korwin
Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list. Forward or send toevery gun owner you know ... andto any American you know who cares about their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS being taken away by the Government.

Law Update by Alan Korwin Author GunLaws of America. Jan. 5, 2008

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping belowthe radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats havealready leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110thCongress) It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's planto introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plansand targets of opportunity, It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an allout effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention ofcriminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill ofRights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the

SecondAmendment.

Thecurrent gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be longer):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Ri fle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG- 1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz )
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new
designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a
grip, see below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more
than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable
magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip,and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept
more than 10 rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed
magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with
conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:
Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomaticrifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use,or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not
particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder,confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case
supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearmin your own home.
In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttlepresumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for
sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm issuitable for use in a sporting event." In plain English this means that ANY
firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.
The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't havea sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- isthat devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights
infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever,invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

Respectfully submitted, Alan Korwin,=2 0Author Gun Laws of America
http://www.gunlaws.com

POORBOY

imported post

oh yeah lol. just thought this one was paticularly odd with the note of handgun with the magazine that holds over 10 rounds. That was a new one on me. I sent it to a know it all obama supporter so i cant wait to see the reasoning behind it from his point of view.

I get about three or four a week of these all with different line of weapons on them and this one just struck me for some reason oh well

POORBOY

imported post

The reply from my know it all friend if you want to call him that is that i'm an idiot which i kinda knew that lol.

Also the fact that we have nothing to worry about!

THE email is as follows

I think you need to take a civics class and learn how government works, and how laws are actually passed. HR 1022 was the congress BEFORE last. The bill didn't even make it out of committee mark up, with Democrats controlling it. HR 1022 is/has been dead for a while. Bills DO NOT carry over from one congress to the next, just to give you some facts.

Right now there is NO bill in front of the House or Senate that bans any weapon. The only bill regarding guns is HR 45 the Blair Holt Bill dealing with registering weapons which we already do in Florida, so it doesn't affect me at all. So, get an education, learn how your government works, and get back to me.

Brent

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

POORBOY wrote:
The only bill regarding guns is HR 45 the Blair Holt Bill dealing with registering weapons which we already do in Florida, so it doesn't affect me at all. So, get an education,
If your buddy thinks that a national registry will not affect him, then HE needs the education! :banghead:

POORBOY

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
POORBOY wrote:
The only bill regarding guns is HR 45 the Blair Holt Bill dealing with registering weapons which we already do in Florida, so it doesn't affect me at all. So, get an education,
If your buddy thinks that a national registry will not affect him, then HE needs the education! :banghead:

THANK YOU!!! my thoughts exactly. I guess everybody if buy from a dealer registers on a state level but a national registry is alot dfferent That a ton of eyes watching you and your every move. I reckon if your a good honest person you have nothing to worry about anyway but still makes you think befor you fart