Thread: Jurors' Handbook - A Citizens Guide to Jury Duty

Post imported post

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I tried to add to legal but wasn't allowed.

The way things are going, knowing about this can have major implications.

http://www.fija.org/

Read the Juror's Guide, 1 thru 5.

We need to educate people about jury rights when we fall foul of the numerous illegal laws they continue to bring in against the 2nd amendment.

I particularly liked this bit on the left on page 2.

"YOU, as a juror armed with the knowledge of the
    purpose of a jury trial, and the knowledge of what your
    Rights, powers, and duties really are, can with your
    single vote of not guilty nullify or invalidate any law
    involved in that case. Because a jury's guilty decision
    must be unanimous, it takes only one vote to effectively
    nullify a bad "act of the legislature". Your one vote can
    "hang" a jury; and although it won't be an acquittal, at
    least the defendant will not be convicted of violating an
    unjust or unconstitutional law."

Post imported post

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting...

Definitely going to read...
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've been a proponent of "Jury Nullification" (which goes back at least to Colonial pre-Revoltionary War times) for years...

But I keep wondering just WHEN it will be "outlawed" or "repealed" since it sure does make liberal judgesand lawyers angry.

-- John D.

EDIT: Caution! Ifyou are going in for jury duty,when the defense and prosecution lawyers question you as they pick jurors,if they FIND OUT (or the judge does) that you are pro-Jury Nullficationyou'll besent home....so keep it to yourself if you want to be able to exercise it (and don't volunteer that info, either)!

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

So is this where I get to toot my own horn about having a sit-down face-to-face conversation with Iloilo Jones (Executive Director of FIJA) at a mutual friends home while on vacation last month?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    So is this where I get to toot my own horn about having a sit-down face-to-face conversation with Iloilo Jones (Executive Director of FIJA) at a mutual friends home while on vacation last month?

Spill!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Phssthpok wrote:

Spill!!!
    Would that I could. It was nothing special really. Just a 'dinner party' type setting with a casual conversation about this, that, and the other. Fairly pedestrian really.:P

But it's not the first time we've talked, and most CERTAINLY wont be the last.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    SNIPIt was nothing special really. Just a 'dinner party' type setting with a casual conversation about this, that, and the other. Fairly pedestrian really.:P
    I get it!! Read between the lines, huh?

You guys talked about how FIJA would help juries not letjudges walk all over them. And how juries can use "boots that are made for walking" to walk all over unjust laws.

Cool.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.