• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking forward to the next San Diego event...

Tippet

imported post

Well I'm tied up in a conference at the Mission Bay Hilton all next week starting Saturday, but the following weekend would work for me. Anyone want to get together?

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
If I might make a suggestion-try the zoo. Worked quite nicely in Boise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZl2oh4goWY

Iwas amusedwhen the lady from Wisconsin said"you don't see that where we're from," since Wisconsin is OC from what I can tell (absurdly restricted OC, but even so).
Our World Famous San Diego Zoo is right next door to a city school, so it would not work.
The Wild Animal Park however...

pullnshoot25

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
If I might make a suggestion-try the zoo. Worked quite nicely in Boise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZl2oh4goWY

Iwas amusedwhen the lady from Wisconsin said"you don't see that where we're from," since Wisconsin is OC from what I can tell (absurdly restricted OC, but even so).
Our World Famous San Diego Zoo is right next door to a city school, so it would not work.
Nope, there is a school right on the property. It is the only zoo/park in the world with an elementary school on the grounds. I almost had to go to that school, it is called "The Annex" :(

Cougar125

imported post

Well hell...I'm pulling my guns from the armory this afternoon to go do some shooting either this evening or tomorrow...anybody down?

NightOwl

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

Nope, there is a school right on the property. It is the only zoo/park in the world with an elementary school on the grounds. I almost had to go to that school, it is called "The Annex" :(
That's got to be nice for the kids, but man...I'd never have guessed. So much for that idea, and that's a shame, since it produced a fair amount of positive publicity here.

A quick search of San Diego Tourist Attractions on google opened up a wealth of possibilities though. If ya all are anything like me, you don't even see the tourist attractions near where you live. I lived near SF for about 30 years, and never did get up there to see Alcatraz...

Tippet

imported post

Unless that zoo in Boise has undergone drastic changes since I last saw it in the mid 90's, it's not quite fair to use it in the same sentence with the SD Zoo.

NightOwl

imported post

It's certainly not as big as the San Diego Zoo, by any means, but other than that I've no clue what you're talking about. Fair? Are we speaking the same language?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Tippet wrote:
Unless that zoo in Boise has undergone drastic changes since I last saw it in the mid 90's, it's not quite fair to use it in the same sentence with the SD Zoo.
YOu should see all the murals and crap that are all over the school. It is actually pretty sweet.

Tippet

imported post

I dated a girl who worked at the Boise zoo., this would have been around '92.I sawthe zooa couple times, frankly it was sad.

You know how sometimes, in any zoo, you see animals exhibiting that repetitive movement that essentially indicates insanity? Well, there was a lot of that throughout.

I'd like to think the conditions have improved, but at that time, that tiny little zoo was pretty much limited to some insane mammals and some rescued raptors. That, and a dedicated staff doing the best they could with the limited resources available to them at the time.

Or maybe I'm remembering it all wrong, and everthing was fine. In any case I certainly didn't intend my comments to be a personal insult to you or anyone else. Please accept my apology for a less-than-polite posting.

KylaGWolf

imported post

I still vote gaslamp district. either that or back to PB....lol although maybe this time we should announce its a 10k walk? UTC is out since there is a high school close by actually two schools nearby.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
OT-

Raptors, my friend, refer to predatory birds such as hawks, falcons, eagles and owls....Not the bipedal, taloned dinosaurs depicted in Jurrasic Park.
Huh... learn somethin' new every day... sorry for the slight derail... to get back on topic:

There are lots of dangerous animals in the zoo, even if you don't count the humans that may stalk their prey in such a venue. I think it would be an interesting location for an open carry event, as it may get people thinking about the fact that we need to defend ourselves from men and beasts.

Tippet

imported post

I guess the Zoo's out due to school property. I'm cool with the Gaslamp District, or PB- Hey how about MB? We can stroll up and down the walk, interact with the tourons...hell let's bring fishing rods. I've never been skunked there, always get at least a few perch. Good halibut fishing there, if the tide's right.