• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will any laws be broken

WPCoroner2

imported post

I am the Chief Coroner Investigator for my parish and I am considered a peace office as accordened to the AG's office. Can I legally OC while I'm on duty, as I am very leary of some of the places we work in when called out? I'd love some feedback at my email also. Thanks.

imported post

I didn't realize peace officers still existed !!!
Looking around, all I see are "law enforcement officers."
Yes, there IS a difference, a BIG difference.

While you DO have the right to OC as a citizen, your job may require you waive that right as conditions of employment. Any such waiving of a right MUST be done with your full consent. I'd put that question to the AG's office in writing, please let US know what the powers on high have to say about it.

Thanks