• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Driving through Lakeland

mach116993

imported post

Anyone driving through Lakeland beware the police is ready and willing to violate you constitutional rights! One morning i happened to be driving on s. parker when out of nowhere a Lakeland police car started to follow me. Soon after the lights started flashing behind me. I pull over and the officer says lisence and reg., No problem. Next words put of his mouth is any weapons or drugs in the car? I reply no drugs but weapon yes and concealed weapons pemit.Do you mind if i search your car.( Now by this time i'm getting a little pissed!) i reply the only way you are going to search my car is if you have a search warrent. Next thing i knowa k-9 unit shows up. The officer in the k-9 unitasks me how i feel about drugs and i repy i hate them. Then he says well if you hate drugs why won't you let us search your car. I reply i have a constitutional right to privacy!anyway they pull me out of my car and walk the stupid mut around my car. No reaction from dog! After all this ,you would think they would leave me alone? Here is a ticket for your tag light not visable from fifty feet. I have a Mercedes Benz with a computer that tells me the status of all lights and my tag light was not out. I have taken the car to Mercedes Benz and they agree nothing wrong with tag light. The bottom line is they gave me the ticket to cover up the racial profilling going on in Lakeland. I have a spanish last name. And anyway I didn't know Flordia issues CCW to criminals. Thats what they were implying!

smoking357

Banned
imported post

mach116993 wrote:
Anyone driving through Lakeland beware the police is ready and willing to violate you constitutional rights! One morning i happened to be driving on s. parker when out of nowhere a Lakeland police car started to follow me. Soon after the lights started flashing behind me. I pull over and the officer says lisence and reg., No problem. Next words put of his mouth is any weapons or drugs in the car? I reply no drugs but weapon yes and concealed weapons pemit.Do you mind if i search your car.( Now by this time i'm getting a little pissed!) i reply the only way you are going to search my car is if you have a search warrent. Next thing i knowa k-9 unit shows up. The officer in the k-9 unitasks me how i feel about drugs and i repy i hate them. Then he says well if you hate drugs why won't you let us search your car. I reply i have a constitutional right to privacy!anyway they pull me out of my car and walk the stupid mut around my car. No reaction from dog! After all this ,you would think they would leave me alone? Here is a ticket for your tag light not visable from fifty feet. I have a Mercedes Benz with a computer that tells me the status of all lights and my tag light was not out. I have taken the car to Mercedes Benz and they agree nothing wrong with tag light. The bottom line is they gave me the ticket to cover up the racial profilling going on in Lakeland. I have a spanish last name. And anyway I didn't know Flordia issues CCW to criminals. Thats what they were implying!
You need to sue. When they continued to press you after you had denied them permission, they walked all over your rights.

Sue them.