Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA NON-RESIDENT CCW PERMIT

Post imported post

How long does it take to receive your PA CCW permit? I sent mine in on Monday 3/16, they received it on 3/17, and my check was cashed on 3/19 which I thought was pretty fast. I'm hoping since my check was cashed that they should be sending me my permit :celebrate I'm praying.

Post imported post

They have 45 days. Often they don't take all of it (so I hear) my both original and renewals have taken 35 and 20 respectively.

Post imported post

I received my out of state permit in less than 3 weeks. PA is by and far the most simplistic state to apply for, and one of the most logical processes.

PA permits give the most reciprocity for the effort of any permit in the union IMHO.

One question I have however, can the permits be laminated? They are so flimsy that I am afraid to actually carry it unless I will be going to a state that I will need it in.

Some states say that you invalidate their paper permit if you laminate them. Just wondering.

Post imported post

What about putting it in a fishing license sleeve? No worries about invalidating it or if a LEO doesn't believe the laminated one, it can be taken out.

Post imported post

You can laminate the permit. In fact many counties will issue the permit with it already laminated.

Post imported post

14 days renewal from Centre County including transit time from Missouri.

Post imported post

I got one from Centre County in no more than one week's time.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I got mine really fast.

Post imported post

I hate splitting hairs about this all the time . . . but there is no such thing as a CCW or a "permit" in Pennsylvania.

It is a PA License to Carry Firearms . . . LTCF.

Use the correct terminology please . . . if we are educating others, we need to use the proper words.

Sorry that I have to keep reminding folks about this, but it is my pet peeve.

THANKS, Hope to see you all at the Tea Party today!!!

http://www.pennsylvaniateaparty.com

Post imported post

my LTCF renewal for Non resident took one week I received the large paper permit this time unlike previous permits, so i reduced it 58% and picked up a business card lamination package at Wally world. totally legal

sprat

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Farmer Troy wrote:
    I hate splitting hairs about this all the time . . . but there is no such thing as a CCW or a "permit" in Pennsylvania.

yeah, that't been one my pet peeves for a while - people calling carry permits "CCWs" and not referring to the proper state permit's name when they know it or should know it - everybody ought to at least be able to properly state the correct statutory name of the carry permits they hold!!

And for goodness sake, stop it with the CCW thing!

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Farmer Troy wrote:

yeah, that't been one my pet peeves for a while - people calling carry permits "CCWs" and not referring to the proper state permit's name when they know it or should know it - everybody ought to at least be able to properly state the correct statutory name of the carry permits they hold!!

And for goodness sake, stop it with the CCW thing!
    The problem though, is that Pennsylvania's "correct term" for the permit is a License to CARRY firearms. That would lead one to believe that you would need that permit to carry at all. The nom de plume that the PA CCW permit has is just silly and actually only accurate in the city of Philadelphia.

The name of the permit is my pet peeve...though I guess using the correct term has merit.

Post imported post

I had a two felony charges in 2006 in the state of New Hampshire, I didn't have any charges in mASSachusetts where I live in, The court found me not guilty by unanimous decision on these two charges, It cost me $50 to have that arrest record annulled, The problem was on the question on my Mass. res LTC Application asked if I ever had to appear as a defendant for criminal not civil motor vehicle violation, The strange thing was I did not have a problem renewing my Mass LTC but I when try I renewed my non-res PA LTC they sent me a letter to challenge the (PICS) Pennsylvania Instant Check System, I sent them copies of my Record of Annulments and they sent me a denial reverse letter and asked me if I wanted to continue to renew my PA- LTC and I did and got my Non-res PA-LTC.

Would I have to send PA copies of my expunged records every time I renew my Non-res PA LTC?

Post imported post

Pet peeve about terminology, also. In VA, we have a CHP, which has very different rules than a PA LTCF.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    How long does it take to receive your PA CCW permit? I sent mine in on Monday 3/16, they received it on 3/17, and my check was cashed on 3/19 which I thought was pretty fast. I'm hoping since my check was cashed that they should be sending me my permit :celebrate I'm praying.
    I'm still waiting on my LTCF from PA the 19th will be 90 days since my check was cashed

Post imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    I'm still waiting on my LTCF from PA the 19th will be 90 days since my check was cashed
    Which county?

Post imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    Which county?
    Not sure which county, I guess just PA. I'm a non-resident applying for a PA LTCF.

Post imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    virginiatuck wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    Which county?
    Not sure which county, I guess just PA. I'm a non-resident applying for a PA LTCF.
    I thought you had to submit your application to a county Sheriff, not the State. Some counties do not issue non-resident LTCF. I think they are obligated to issue them, but choose not.

http://www.pafoa.org/counties

Post imported post

This is where you should have mailed your Non-resident permit application to.
    As Per...http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Centre County Sheriff's Office
    213 East High Street1
    Bellefonte, PA16823

If its taking 3 months, something isn't right and I would start making phone calls. Mine took 3 weeks from box to box.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:

213 East High Street1
    Bellefonte, PA16823

If its taking 3 months, something isn't right and I would start making phone calls. Mine took 3 weeks from box to box.
    That's the place I mailed it to and they did cash my check. Is the a number I can call?

Post imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:

213 East High Street1
    Bellefonte, PA16823

That's the place I mailed it to and they did cash my check. Is the a number I can call?
    This is the guy who signs them.
    I would start with him. BE POLITE!
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:

213 East High Street1
    Bellefonte, PA16823

This is the guy who signs them.
    I would start with him. BE POLITE!
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp
    Is this the normal thing to do, call the Sheriff? I don't want him to get upset.

Post imported post

Susquehanna County (northeast PA) is a good jurisdiction to apply to for those who live in upstate NY (It's just south of Binghamton) but it requires a trip. I sent my application by mail to Centre County and it took as long as the mail takes to get there and back (less than a week round trip). Wow.

Post imported post

About 6 years ago I applied and received a Centre county pistol permit- non resident. I am a NYS resident .Last year I received a renewal notice. When I sent in my renewal application it was returned DENIED. I called the sheriffs office and spoke with a civilian and was informed them that I had previously been issued a non resident permit, and wished to renew it. I was informed that it would not be, I dont recall the reason. It was rather frustratingbut since I am covered under the LEO protection act of 2004, I didnt bother to protest or argue with the person on the phone. Whats the deal???? This contradictory policy makes no sense to me. But again, I didnt feel like wasting my time on a long distance phone call dealing with the situation.

Post imported post

DT4E31 wrote:
    About 6 years ago I applied and received a Centre county pistol permit- non resident. I am a NYS resident .Last year I received a renewal notice. When I sent in my renewal application it was returned DENIED. I called the sheriffs office and spoke with a civilian and was informed them that I had previously been issued a non resident permit, and wished to renew it. I was informed that it would not be, I dont recall the reason. It was rather frustratingbut since I am covered under the LEO protection act of 2004, I didnt bother to protest or argue with the person on the phone. Whats the deal???? This contradictory policy makes no sense to me. But again, I didnt feel like wasting my time on a long distance phone call dealing with the situation.
    Since you "didnt feel like wasting my time on a long distance phone call dealing with the situation" what makes you think that anyone here would want to waste their time trying to figure out what your problem is?

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast