• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA NON-RESIDENT CCW PERMIT

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

How long does it take to receive your PA CCW permit? I sent mine in on Monday 3/16, they received it on 3/17, and my check was cashed on 3/19 which I thought was pretty fast. I'm hoping since my check was cashed that they should be sending me my permit :celebrate I'm praying.

FMCDH

imported post

I received my out of state permit in less than 3 weeks. PA is by and far the most simplistic state to apply for, and one of the most logical processes.

PA permits give the most reciprocity for the effort of any permit in the union IMHO.

One question I have however, can the permits be laminated? They are so flimsy that I am afraid to actually carry it unless I will be going to a state that I will need it in.

Some states say that you invalidate their paper permit if you laminate them. Just wondering.

nepawolf

imported post

What about putting it in a fishing license sleeve? No worries about invalidating it or if a LEO doesn't believe the laminated one, it can be taken out.

c45man

imported post

You can laminate the permit. In fact many counties will issue the permit with it already laminated.

Farmer Troy

imported post

I hate splitting hairs about this all the time . . . but there is no such thing as a CCW or a "permit" in Pennsylvania.

It is a PA License to Carry Firearms . . . LTCF.

Use the correct terminology please . . . if we are educating others, we need to use the proper words.

Sorry that I have to keep reminding folks about this, but it is my pet peeve.

THANKS, Hope to see you all at the Tea Party today!!!

http://www.pennsylvaniateaparty.com

sprat

imported post

my LTCF renewal for Non resident took one week I received the large paper permit this time unlike previous permits, so i reduced it 58% and picked up a business card lamination package at Wally world. totally legal

sprat

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Farmer Troy wrote:
I hate splitting hairs about this all the time . . . but there is no such thing as a CCW or a "permit" in Pennsylvania.

yeah, that't been one my pet peeves for a while - people calling carry permits "CCWs" and not referring to the proper state permit's name when they know it or should know it - everybody ought to at least be able to properly state the correct statutory name of the carry permits they hold!!

And for goodness sake, stop it with the CCW thing!:uhoh:

Prophet

imported post

Mike wrote:
Farmer Troy wrote:

yeah, that't been one my pet peeves for a while - people calling carry permits "CCWs" and not referring to the proper state permit's name when they know it or should know it - everybody ought to at least be able to properly state the correct statutory name of the carry permits they hold!!

And for goodness sake, stop it with the CCW thing!:uhoh:

The problem though, is that Pennsylvania's "correct term" for the permit is a License to CARRY firearms. That would lead one to believe that you would need that permit to carry at all. The nom de plume that the PA CCW permit has is just silly and actually only accurate in the city of Philadelphia.

The name of the permit is my pet peeve...though I guess using the correct term has merit.

BobbyGun71

imported post

I had a two felony charges in 2006 in the state of New Hampshire, I didn't have any charges in mASSachusetts where I live in, The court found me not guilty by unanimous decision on these two charges, It cost me $50 to have that arrest record annulled, The problem was on the question on my Mass. res LTC Application asked if I ever had to appear as a defendant for criminal not civil motor vehicle violation, The strange thing was I did not have a problem renewing my Mass LTC but I when try I renewed my non-res PA LTC they sent me a letter to challenge the (PICS) Pennsylvania Instant Check System, I sent them copies of my Record of Annulments and they sent me a denial reverse letter and asked me if I wanted to continue to renew my PA- LTC and I did and got my Non-res PA-LTC.

Would I have to send PA copies of my expunged records every time I renew my Non-res PA LTC?

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
How long does it take to receive your PA CCW permit? I sent mine in on Monday 3/16, they received it on 3/17, and my check was cashed on 3/19 which I thought was pretty fast. I'm hoping since my check was cashed that they should be sending me my permit :celebrate I'm praying.

I'm still waiting on my LTCF from PA :cuss: the 19th will be 90 days since my check was cashed :banghead:

virginiatuck

imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
JohnnyBlk45 wrote:

I'm still waiting on my LTCF from PA :cuss: the 19th will be 90 days since my check was cashed :banghead:
Which county?

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
JohnnyBlk45 wrote:

Which county?

Not sure which county, I guess just PA. I'm a non-resident applying for a PA LTCF.

virginiatuck

imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
JohnnyBlk45 wrote:

Which county?

Not sure which county, I guess just PA. I'm a non-resident applying for a PA LTCF.
I thought you had to submit your application to a county Sheriff, not the State. Some counties do not issue non-resident LTCF. I think they are obligated to issue them, but choose not.

http://www.pafoa.org/counties

FMCDH

imported post

This is where you should have mailed your Non-resident permit application to.
As Per...http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Centre County Sheriff's Office
213 East High Street1
Bellefonte, PA16823

If its taking 3 months, something isn't right and I would start making phone calls. Mine took 3 weeks from box to box.

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
This is where you should have mailed your Non-resident permit application to.
As Per...http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Centre County Sheriff's Office
213 East High Street1
Bellefonte, PA16823

If its taking 3 months, something isn't right and I would start making phone calls. Mine took 3 weeks from box to box.

That's the place I mailed it to and they did cash my check. Is the a number I can call?