• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter from Congressman Glenn Nye (VA-2nd)

What do you think of Rep. Nye's letter?

• About what I expected from him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not as good as I expected from him.

• GREAT! I might even vote for him.

• BAD! I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher.

• Total voters

vbnative73

imported post

I received the following email today from my congressman, Glenn Nye of the VA 2nd. For a freshman Democrat who campaigned with Barack Obama, this wasn't too bad. Sure, he used the "sportsmen and hunters" phrase, but other than that, it was nice to see him put that much 2A support in writing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me with your concern for the District of Columbia's gun ban. It is helpful to learn the views of my friends and neighbors in Tidewater, and I appreciate having your input.

Like you, I believe the Constitution, specifically the Second Amendment, protects the individual right of every law abiding citizen to purchase firearms. I reject the notion that most gun control programs are an effective deterrent to crime. Instead of placing unconstitutional restrictions on gun ownership, we should concentrate our law enforcement efforts on the true problem - criminals - and not infringe on the Constitutional right of all Americans to protect themselves and their families. This is why I pledge to continue fighting crime while protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens, sportsmen and hunters. As Congress considers legislation that affect your Constitutional rights, be assured I will make it a priority to preserve your Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Thank you again for sharing your views. Please feel free to call on me in the future if I may be of service to you or your family. If you would like more information about the issues I am working on in Congress, or if you would like to sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter, I encourage you to visit my website at
www.nye.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Glenn Nye

Member of Congress

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

I got the same email along with one about Medicare Advantage and one about S22 the land bill. We'll see what happens but so far a good start.

:quirky

wylde007

imported post

I received same and one referring to immigration.

Nye is more "conservative" (classic liberal) than the cackling hag he replaced.

Drake was such a skeevy, double-crossing, backstabbing self-aggrandizer. She stomped all over the sovereign rights of the people of VA while she was in office. Ugly as a mud fence, too.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
I received same and one referring to immigration.

Nye is more "conservative" (classic liberal) than the cackling hag he replaced.

Drake was such a skeevy, double-crossing, backstabbing self-aggrandizer. She stomped all over the sovereign rights of the people of VA while she was in office. Ugly as a mud fence, too.
Posts like this are so much better then an articulate, thought out response stating the actual facts. Glenn Nye will probably be a one term wonder. The Neo Cons in the VA Beach GOP want that seat back.

wylde007

imported post

So then you were a fan of Thelma Drake, I presume?

I would guess "no" based on your avatar... but you never know for sure.

What else would you have had me say, hmmm? How much more productive was your comment deprecating mine?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Let us not forget, folks, that Democrat DOES NOT NECESSARILY EQUAL anti-gunner , nor does Republican NECESSARILY EQUAL supporter (i.e. Tom Davis, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney)

I'd love to hear more politicians like this, and frankly could care less about party affiliation. Better yet if his actions and votes bear out his words.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Tess wrote:
Let us not forget, folks, that Democrat DOES NOT NECESSARILY EQUAL anti-gunner , nor does Republican NECESSARILY EQUAL supporter (i.e. Tom Davis, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney)

I'd love to hear more politicians like this, and frankly could care less about party affiliation. Better yet if his actions and votes bear out his words.
He may be good on guns however, he voted for the porkulous bill for starters. I'm not going to vote for someone thats pro illegal immigration, pro high tax and pro bailout and would go along with cutting defense just because they say they support gun rights.