• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holster

Undertaker

imported post

Decided to continue to carry my 1911 Combat Commander. Maybe a different holster style is the answer for comfort. I just want to move away from the shoulder holster. I use the shoulder holster because I'm a little overweight and thick in the gut. I'm open to ideas please.

hotrod

imported post

Mernicle Holsters. Made to order and fits perfectly. A little on the expensive side but worth every dime. I have six for different handguns

chris in va

imported post

IMO you want something that looks classy, but also has good retention. I've not had any first hand experience with a gun grab, but the possibility still remains especially in such close proximity to others when out and about.

The SERPA is pretty nice, just practice the draw. You may forget to press the little button in a stressful situation.

I like a thumbsnap with a flat inner face myself. The Galco I bought a while back for my Sig 220 works quite well.

Mississippian

imported post

I like the "look" and "feel"of a nice leather high-ridethumbreak holster. I use a Galco Silhuettefor my twoXDs (4" &5" bbl)and have a similar holster ordered from Lone Star Holsters for my 1911.

Not knocking them, but the "plastic" holsters look a bit too "tactical" for my taste.