• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I open Carry in any state

Matt92308

imported post

Hey guys i'm new here and have a few questions. Can I open carry in any state? Across state lines? and can I have a loaded clip or two on the other side of my belt ?
...Matt... Apple Valley Ca.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Only the ones that honor the constitution, so stay away from the outer edges.:lol:
If you plan on walking accross the US your good to go in AL. run.. forest run....
Of course you need to get elected in IL to be legal there:?

Would be a great test case to OC loaded and stand on the border to Kalifornia.
But you better have a very good surveyors mark to fight the arrest. Would suggest
keeping your heels in Arizona for safety.
LEO approaches and you rock back on your heels. LOL

SteveInAshand

imported post

Matt92308 wrote:
Hey guys i'm new here and have a few questions. Can I open carry in any state? Across state lines? and can I have a loaded clip or two on the other side of my belt ?
...Matt... Apple Valley Ca.
WELCOME: As they say go to the maps section on the front page .

I used to live in the San Bernardino Mts overlooking Apple Valley and listen to the Barb Stanton talk show.

Even tho I am a mountain man I love the Apple Valley desert in the winter with memories of going to Grandmas house in Lancaster in the late 60's early 70's before it turned into a mixture of 3rd world & ghetto, but its still beautiful, ging to the old mining districts with a Gold metal detector, riding motorcycles in the middle of nowere , shooting ultra long distance , searcing for reptiles, 300= days of lfying weather, and *Ham radio and CB radio propagation is wonderful in the high desert and *a great way to meet like minded 2A friends in the desert.

Again Welcome to the 2A OC movement.;)

Matt92308

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome Steve. Im a mountain man myself, lived in Big Bear Lake for a long time too. Anyway, as I was asking can I open Carry with a loaded clip or two on the other side of my belt...Matt

Jeffytune

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Would be a great test case to OC loaded and stand on the border to Kalifornia.
But you better have a very good surveyors mark to fight the arrest. Would suggest
keeping your heels in Arizona for safety.
LEO approaches and you rock back on your heels. LOL
Well Robert, I do it every time I go down to LA. I have a Permit here in Orgeon, and i can carry a pistol most places.

But when I get south of Ashland, I have to get out of my car (Or motorcycle) and take off my holster, unload my pistol, lock the holster and ammo in one locked compartment and then break the pistol down and lock it in yet another locked case that can not be accessed by the driver.

On one side of a line I am a LAC and the threat to no one, on the other side, I would be a felon.
It makes no since to me, because the place I would more likely need a pistol is that side of the line.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

How far off shore can the commies enforce the gun ban?

If I am carrying from AZ, and getting on a boat to keep going
How far out before the federal transportation law protects me?