• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Menards Shopping Anniversary Celebration

Support The 2nd

imported post

The suggestion was made to hold a tree planting on the anniversary of the Day Mr. Krause wasunconstitutionally detained.

Para has stated "I currently have my firearm and will continue to carry as if it was May 15[suP]th[/suP], 2008 and none of this had ever happened."

To that end, and in remembrance of Para's difficulty, and celebration of his victory, I submit the following suggestion/idea:

Thursday, May 14, 2009. We as a group (Para included) return to the Menards at 2101 Miller Park Way, all lawfully armed, enter the premises and each by one (1) landscape brick. If Saturday works better, I am open on May 16, 2009 as well.

Thoughts?

Max

imported post

I would not go into any establishment that I know to be hostile to open carry. We are all about rights here and that Menards location has the right to disallow open carrying in their store, which they obviously exercise. We do not want to be harassed for exercising our rights, let us not harass others for exercising theirs.

Max

Support The 2nd

imported post

Are they "exercising theirs?" Have they placed signs that say "no firearms," or are they just arbitrarily inventing some policy?

Max

imported post

Menards does not have a set policy regarding open carry and coporate leaves it up to the individual managers. At least that was the case about 6 months ago. The manager of the menards in west milwaukee clearly does not want open carriers in his store, which is his right, sign or no sign. If you think that going into a private establishment where you know you will be ejected from is going to further gun rights, feel free but I am not interested in such futile confrontations.

Support The 2nd

imported post

Max wrote:
If you think that going into a private establishment where you know you will be ejected from is going to further gun rights, feel free but I am not interested in such futile confrontations.
Hadn't thought of it in that light, I stand corrected.

I guess that's why the county resolution thing failed, nobody is interested in futile confrontationsbut unless we confront the county boards, LEO, and the public, nothing will change.

Stuck in a catch 22, we shall remain...

Max

imported post

We are all frustrated, you are not alone in this. There is no quick fix here. The big win will happen if someone like Jesus or Brad Krause file a suit for violation of Constitutional rights. This will require a lot money and if such a suit develops, it would be in our best interest to assist the victim with the costs. This is a long term proposition though as such litigation can take years to reach conclusion and I do not know of any cases in the judicial pipeline at this point in time.

Short term, I do not see any "big win", but we can win skimirshes. I am currently attempting to get my local government to relook at our LEO's hostile position on open carry. I have decided to try to take small, positive steps in an effort to exercise our rights to open carry. I may end up pulling a Jesus though should every effort fail though.

If you want to go to the Menards in West Milwaukee, I would suggest going unarmed, asking to see the manager and calmly and politely try to get him to change his mind on open carry in his store. You get more with sugar versus vinegar. Always try to leave people with a positive impression of pro open carriers. Bad conduct harms the effort.

Max

imported post

I apologize but I do not understand your question. I am not familiar with the DNR's trespass rules.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I would suggest that everyone send a letter to the local Menards manager, with a cc to the corporate headquarters (maybe to the attention of John Menard, Jr -- the richest person in Wisconsin) and state that you will not be patronizing that store until it changes the policy regarding lawful OC. Also state that you will be urging everyone else that you know to do the same.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Max wrote:
Why would you threaten someone without knowing their stand on the issue?
I wouldn't. What do you mean?

The "stand" of the West Milwaukee Menard's became crystal clear at the moment that management ordered Parabellum to leave the store and then called the police.

Max

imported post

I might have misunderstood you, my bad. I thought you were suggesting that everyone send a letter to their local menards, not all of us sending letters to the menards in west milwaukee. That is not a bad idea at all. It sure could not hurt.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Yes, you misunderstood. If the policy is set at the local level and there is not a corporate policy, then I would send it only to those managers of store that have a bad policy. But I would still cc the corporate headquarters because they might take enough interest in it to set a corporate policy-- hopefully a good one.

On the other hand, any business that is supportive of OC ought to be sent a letter of praise!

Probably it would make a greater impact to have people who actually live and shop in the vicinity of the businesses to send the letters. I'm not sure a letter from me, regarding the West Milwaukee Menards would matter much to them. It doesn't take a genius to determine that a person in Madison isn't likely to give a West Milwaukee Menard's much business. On the other hand, there are two Menard's near me, and a third across town that are much more likely to get my business.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pointman wrote:
Support The 2nd wrote:
Thursday, May 14, 2009. We as a group (Para included) return to the Menards at 2101 Miller Park Way, all lawfully armed, enter the premises and each by one (1) landscape brick. If Saturday works better, I am open on May 16, 2009 as well.

I think that's funny as heck. You KNOW that if 35 people show up armed the police will be called, but what an explanation: I'm here to buy a brick.

Ofcr: Why do you need a gun to buy a brick?

A: I don't, I need cash to buy a brick.

Ofcr: Then why do you need a gun?

A: To protect the cash.

Ofcr: Do you have a lot of cash on you, so that you need to carry a gun?

A: Yeah. At least enough to buy a brick, probably with change left over!

Ofcr: So why do you need a gun?

A: I'm surprised you're not worried about why I'm only buying one brick.

Ofcr: Why are you buying only one brick?

A: I only need one. Besides, if I bought two, both hands would be full and I couldn't open then door. Can I see your TASER?

TASER is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc. "TASER" as used is improper, it should be "TASER electronic control device," but asking an officer if you can see his "TASER electronic control device" sounds pretty stupid, and might qualify as "disorderly conduct." Example: University of Florida student Andrew Meyer improperly stated, "Don't TASE me bro!" when he should have said, "Officer, please do not deploy your TASER International, Inc. electronic control device against my person, as it will have undesirable effects that are unnecessary given that I have only asked a question of Senator Kerry, albeit one he does not apprecia--AAAAAIE!"

Pointman: You made my day!!!

LMAO

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will donate $50.00 towards the purchase of landscape bricks. I'll have to come all the way across the state, but what is a few dollars compatred to making a stand in support of you/me/our rights.