Thread: North Carolina SB664

Monroe, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post;jsessi...est&ID=306

To prevent me from misquoting the details of this bill, click the link above and then click "listen now" to hear a replay of the conversation between the host Tara Servatius and director of Paul Valone concerning Senator Graham's completely idiotic gun control bill. This thing has to be stopped.

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post;BillID=SB664

I'm not understanding some of the statements being made on the Tara Servatius clip after having actually read the proposed legislation.

Before you get all bent out of shape, I'm going to contact my State Rep's right now about this in opposition, simply from the standpoint of the "locked up" - "ammunition separate from weapon" - "trigger locked" provisions - BUT the proposed law does state this at the end:

"23 (a2) Subsections (a) and (a1) of this section shall not apply if:
    24 (1) The firearm is kept unloaded in a locked box or container, with the
    25 ammunition stored separately; or
    26 (2) The firearm is kept unloaded and equipped with a tamper-resistant
    27 mechanical lock or other safety device properly engaged so as to render the
    28 weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully
    29 authorized user.
    30 (b) Nothing in this section shall prohibit a person from carrying a firearm on his or her
    31 body, or placed in such close proximity that it can be used as easily and quickly as if carried on
    32 the body.
    33 (c) This section shall not apply if the minor obtained the firearm as a result of an
    34 unlawful entry by any person.
    35 (d) "Minor" as used in this section means a person under 18 years of age who is not
    36 emancipated."

What's not totally clear right there is whether or not that weapon is allowed to be loaded, since it isn't specifically spelled out in the wording.

So - basically, the whole thing sucks. Later. Gotta reach out and touch some people. Pete