• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina SB664

Ruger Fan

spy1

imported post

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2009&BillID=SB664

I'm not understanding some of the statements being made on the Tara Servatius clip after having actually read the proposed legislation.

Before you get all bent out of shape, I'm going to contact my State Rep's right now about this in opposition, simply from the standpoint of the "locked up" - "ammunition separate from weapon" - "trigger locked" provisions - BUT the proposed law does state this at the end:

"23 (a2) Subsections (a) and (a1) of this section shall not apply if:
24 (1) The firearm is kept unloaded in a locked box or container, with the
25 ammunition stored separately; or
26 (2) The firearm is kept unloaded and equipped with a tamper-resistant
27 mechanical lock or other safety device properly engaged so as to render the
28 weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully
29 authorized user.
30 (b) Nothing in this section shall prohibit a person from carrying a firearm on his or her
31 body, or placed in such close proximity that it can be used as easily and quickly as if carried on
32 the body.
33 (c) This section shall not apply if the minor obtained the firearm as a result of an
34 unlawful entry by any person.
35 (d) "Minor" as used in this section means a person under 18 years of age who is not
36 emancipated."

What's not totally clear right there is whether or not that weapon is allowed to be loaded, since it isn't specifically spelled out in the wording.

So - basically, the whole thing sucks. Later. Gotta reach out and touch some people. Pete