Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCDL 3rd Business Meeting 14 April 2009

Post imported post

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League)
    Meetings - Business Meeting

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Middletown Elks Lodge 771
    44 Maynard Street
    Middletown, CT

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...id=58895142403

From facebook CCDL event page:
    Our meeting on the 24th of March went very well. We accomplished alot but our movement is still in it's infancy.

We encourage all who are interested in defending our firearm rights in Connecticut to stand up and join our cause. We are grassroots activism, join us and help protect, preserve, and restore our liberties.

Some unfinished business to address in April:

1. Domain and web hosting (ccdl.us)
    2. Develop CCDL Mission Statement
    3. Fundraising
    4. CCDL Membership
    5. Interim Committee (officer nominations/elections)
    6. CCDL Constitution/Bylaws
    7. Other/New business

All Welcome!
    Motion to discuss planning/details here

Cheers!

Post imported post

No pressure on any one individual, but I pledge the cost for the first hour of the meeting.

Post imported post

I have done some nosing about to see if there are any other CCDLs out there. This is what I have found so far. In Connecticut, CCDL is the acromyn for Connecticut Collabrative Divorce Lawyers. The acronym has already been registered with the Secretary of State. So we can't officially use it as a public identifier. CCDL.com is owned by a company in the Grand Caymans, CCDL.net is a limosine service in the UK, CCDL.org is owned by a company in China. This is something we need to think about before we start using it as an identifier.

Post imported post

But our official namewill still be Connecticut Citizens Defense League, not CCDL...

Maybe Bennet Prescott can run it by his family member that is a lawyer... Acronyms can bestand for manythings...

Post imported post

I'm not saying anything about our name, just the acronym. Since the acronym CCDL is already taken by another group, and they have registered it with the Secretary of State as associated with thier business, if we use it we may be stepping on toes. We may want to consider another acronym such as CTCDL or something to put on the t-shirts. I think we might want use something that is distinct to us. Especially if people Google whatever it is that we are going to use. I'm also not saying we have to change it, unless of course the divorce lawyerscan claim proprietary rights because they have registered it,just some food for thought.

Post imported post

Got ya Protector. I also have a friend that is a lawyer that may shed some light on this for us. I will contact today.

Post imported post

It looks like we nowown "ccdl.us" regardless.

Post imported post

It's kind of funny if you think about it. It's almost like we dont have to pay for the web hosting now that it re-directs to us...

It's like the hand of God gave us a freebie for now...

Post imported post

we are still working out content issues. So we are not entirely sure yet... More to follow as we go. For now, having the redirectto our facebook page is pretty sweet tillwe are ready for that phase.

Thanks for taking an interest 2000army.. And offering help. We appreciate it.

Post imported post

Please attend our next meeting if you ar able to 2000army.

Post imported post

Great. And sign up at the facebook page if you haven't already.

Post imported post

I contacted the S.O.S. office in Hartford and spoke to a woman named Stephanie who cleared it up, and here is what she said:

As long as we register the name as "Connecticut Citizens Defense League" we are fine. We should not use the acronym on legal documents identifying the organization, but if we or other people use ccdl for short in reference to our organization that's fine.

Post imported post

romma wrote:
    It's kind of funny if you think about it. It's almost like we dont have to pay for the web hosting now that it re-directs to us...

It's like the hand of God gave us a freebie for now...
    The redirect link is fine for now, but in the future we will need a real web site. And the domain name was not aFreebie.

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

I understand that Lenny, and I am going tobe doing a round up for support In the next day or so. While we appreciate what you have done purchasing the domain for us, we need to try to raise these funds to reimburse you, pay for the next meeting in April (I have the first hour), and raise money should we decide to incorporate. One thing I think we should do, is develop an informational flyer for purposes of recruiting new members, and get them out togun shops and clubs.

We will be back in focus here in a day or so to set our proposed agenda for April Lenny... We got work ahead of us, but a little bit at a timeis okay if that is what it takes.

Post imported post

Payback for the domain is deffinately not needed. Just consider it a donation to the cause. I just did not want people to think that it was a gift from God. I really think that we need a mailing address, so that any sign up sheets that are left in gun shops or ranges, can be folded on the dotted lines and taped together, add a stamp from the new member and dropped into the mail.

I know that the state requires an actual address for our group registration, but a PO box would work for the mail in membership forms.

I will look into PO box cost tomorrow.
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

Post imported post

Sounds good. I think they are $50 for 6 months if memory serves...

Post imported post

The sign on the wall in the Stratford Post office is $43 for 6 months for the small size PO Box. I think that at this time it would be a good investment on our part so that we can start passing out our membership forms to gun shops and shooting ranges.

Post imported post

Good idea, we need to get some fund raising ideas rolling too. So we can accomplish these feats.

Post imported post

Remember:

Keep all receits!!!

I will track expenses and donations.

Post imported post

While I can't speak for the seniments of the other members,I appreciate your enthusiasm Army2000. However, We have so far to thebest of our ability done this together as a team. No one particular memberhas gone out and done things like bought up domains, or made these types of decisions without input and feedback from at least some of the others.

Then, at our meetings, our goal is to make things official to keep things up front with each other. That way we know we are all a part of this together. We also do have each others email addresses if we feel we need to keep something out of a public forum setting.

I will speak for myself and say I like the OC ideabecause itdoes offer some accountability with our process, it archives nicely, and hopefully it will encourage others to either join us, Or inspirethem to start a similar movement in their State as well...

Thank you for offering these solutionsyou have put forth and I am sure others will be along to offer feedback as well.

AndI hope you join us on April 14th at our meeting Army2000.

Post imported post

It's great that we are getting all of this organized, but we are putting the cart before the horse in some cases. All of this activity well and good, but we have to get legally recognized before we can do alot of this stuff. Getting more members is good, but we must be able to tell them what we are about and we all have a vague idea, but nothing concrete. We must be established before we can even start worrying about approaching legislators. We do not want come across as a loose confederation, but as professional, well run advocacy group. The Rogers Rangers did a fine job, but it was the Continental Army that finally did the British in.

Also remember that not everyone can access the internet during the day. Alot of the discussion aqbout our mission statement was discussed during the day today. This excluded alot of people who may have wanted input into the statement.. While I think it is a very good statement and puts forth our goals and objectives well, it really should be discussed at a meeting without having been defacto approved here.

Alot of good intentions, but there is alot that still needs to be done before we should expand, or incur any more expenditures for our members. If we are professional and organized the membership will come as will the legislative clout we want.

Just my .02¢

Post imported post

I really thought that for the time being that this forum was the best place for us, since other people use this site and we get exposure for our group here.

My real concern is that we did discuss the web name/domain nameat the meeting, and I thought that there was a vote on it.

Maybe the new domains can redirect to CCDL.US

Post imported post

Agreed Protector. And that is whyI personally felt a waiting period of at least a few days is hopefully appropriate andsufficient. If it is not, please take time to offer input like you are doing now and letme or whomeverknow if you have different thoughts, or alternate"Mission Statements" in mind. I am glad you object to the process, as it is Ira and nothing is final till we speak our minds, and vote on it as a group.

I will put the brakes on trying to move forward some till we hear more. And maybe we should change the process up a bit...

Food for thought: Voted on and Agreed upon "Ad-Hoc" members to author key items relevant to our cause... Just an idea thatmay help us expedite things..

The Ad-Hoc members can arrange the communication times, places andmeans to work with each other. Thoughts?

Post imported post

Protector wrote:
    It's great that we are getting all of this organized, but we are putting the cart before the horse in some cases. All of this activity well and good, but we have to get legally recognized before we can do alot of this stuff. Getting more members is good, but we must be able to tell them what we are about and we all have a vague idea, but nothing concrete. We must be established before we can even start worrying about approaching legislators. We do not want come across as a loose confederation, but as professional, well run advocacy group. The Rogers Rangers did a fine job, but it was the Continental Army that finally did the British in.

Also remember that not everyone can access the internet during the day. Alot of the discussion aqbout our mission statement was discussed during the day today. This excluded alot of people who may have wanted input into the statement.. While I think it is a very good statement and puts forth our goals and objectives well, it really should be discussed at a meeting without having been defacto approved here.

Alot of good intentions, but there is alot that still needs to be done before we should expand, or incur any more expenditures for our members. If we are professional and organized the membership will come as will the legislative clout we want.

Just my .02¢
    I did offer the sameinput about some members not being available on here during the day, as so there have been no decisions made on the wording as of yet, or anyhting else for that matter.

We need discussion time on here and I think that this will allow us to concentrate on things that can be discussed here and then just finalized at the meetings where time is precious. At the rate of 1 meeting a month we are looking at 24hrs a year of face time with most of the members. At that rate it will take a year just to get this launched properly.

I really believe that a lot can be accomplished on the forum. The mission statement is something that we can hash out here and finish it here, and then just vote on the final draft at the meeting, thus keepingit open and up frontto the membership that do not actively particpate on the forum but who do show up to the meetings.

Post imported post

Code:
    No worries like I said easy to put up and easy to take down.

Well will you be able to attend on the 14th Army2000? you may play a vital role...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast