• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL 3rd Business Meeting 14 April 2009

uskrusader

imported post

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League)
Meetings - Business Meeting

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Middletown Elks Lodge 771
44 Maynard Street
Middletown, CT

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63321754119#/event.php?eid=58895142403

From facebook CCDL event page:
Our meeting on the 24th of March went very well. We accomplished alot but our movement is still in it's infancy.

We encourage all who are interested in defending our firearm rights in Connecticut to stand up and join our cause. We are grassroots activism, join us and help protect, preserve, and restore our liberties.

Some unfinished business to address in April:

1. Domain and web hosting (ccdl.us)
2. Develop CCDL Mission Statement
3. Fundraising
4. CCDL Membership
5. Interim Committee (officer nominations/elections)
6. CCDL Constitution/Bylaws
7. Other/New business

All Welcome!
Motion to discuss planning/details here :)

Cheers!

Protector

imported post

I have done some nosing about to see if there are any other CCDLs out there. This is what I have found so far. In Connecticut, CCDL is the acromyn for Connecticut Collabrative Divorce Lawyers. The acronym has already been registered with the Secretary of State. So we can't officially use it as a public identifier. CCDL.com is owned by a company in the Grand Caymans, CCDL.net is a limosine service in the UK, CCDL.org is owned by a company in China. This is something we need to think about before we start using it as an identifier.

romma

imported post

But our official namewill still be Connecticut Citizens Defense League, not CCDL...

Maybe Bennet Prescott can run it by his family member that is a lawyer... Acronyms can bestand for manythings...

Protector

imported post

I'm not saying anything about our name, just the acronym. Since the acronym CCDL is already taken by another group, and they have registered it with the Secretary of State as associated with thier business, if we use it we may be stepping on toes. We may want to consider another acronym such as CTCDL or something to put on the t-shirts. I think we might want use something that is distinct to us. Especially if people Google whatever it is that we are going to use. I'm also not saying we have to change it, unless of course the divorce lawyerscan claim proprietary rights because they have registered it,just some food for thought.

romma

imported post

It's kind of funny if you think about it. It's almost like we dont have to pay for the web hosting now that it re-directs to us...

It's like the hand of God gave us a freebie for now... :)

romma

imported post

we are still working out content issues. So we are not entirely sure yet... More to follow as we go. For now, having the redirectto our facebook page is pretty sweet tillwe are ready for that phase.

Thanks for taking an interest 2000army.. And offering help. We appreciate it.

romma

imported post

I contacted the S.O.S. office in Hartford and spoke to a woman named Stephanie who cleared it up, and here is what she said:

As long as we register the name as "Connecticut Citizens Defense League" we are fine. We should not use the acronym on legal documents identifying the organization, but if we or other people use ccdl for short in reference to our organization that's fine.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

romma wrote:
It's kind of funny if you think about it. It's almost like we dont have to pay for the web hosting now that it re-directs to us...

It's like the hand of God gave us a freebie for now... :)

The redirect link is fine for now, but in the future we will need a real web site. And the domain name was not aFreebie.

romma

imported post

I understand that Lenny, and I am going tobe doing a round up for support In the next day or so. While we appreciate what you have done purchasing the domain for us, we need to try to raise these funds to reimburse you, pay for the next meeting in April (I have the first hour), and raise money should we decide to incorporate. One thing I think we should do, is develop an informational flyer for purposes of recruiting new members, and get them out togun shops and clubs.

We will be back in focus here in a day or so to set our proposed agenda for April Lenny... We got work ahead of us, but a little bit at a timeis okay if that is what it takes.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Payback for the domain is deffinately not needed. Just consider it a donation to the cause. I just did not want people to think that it was a gift from God. I really think that we need a mailing address, so that any sign up sheets that are left in gun shops or ranges, can be folded on the dotted lines and taped together, add a stamp from the new member and dropped into the mail.

I know that the state requires an actual address for our group registration, but a PO box would work for the mail in membership forms.

I will look into PO box cost tomorrow.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

The sign on the wall in the Stratford Post office is $43 for 6 months for the small size PO Box. I think that at this time it would be a good investment on our part so that we can start passing out our membership forms to gun shops and shooting ranges.

romma

imported post

While I can't speak for the seniments of the other members,I appreciate your enthusiasm Army2000. However, We have so far to thebest of our ability done this together as a team. No one particular memberhas gone out and done things like bought up domains, or made these types of decisions without input and feedback from at least some of the others.

Then, at our meetings, our goal is to make things official to keep things up front with each other. That way we know we are all a part of this together. We also do have each others email addresses if we feel we need to keep something out of a public forum setting.

I will speak for myself and say I like the OC ideabecause itdoes offer some accountability with our process, it archives nicely, and hopefully it will encourage others to either join us, Or inspirethem to start a similar movement in their State as well...

Thank you for offering these solutionsyou have put forth and I am sure others will be along to offer feedback as well.

AndI hope you join us on April 14th at our meeting Army2000.