• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great encounter

Kimberdude

imported post

I would like to share a brief encounter with a Grand Junction LEO I had on my front porch a couple days ago. I will not go into the hairy details of what started this as it is kinda a long story, but here are the highlights....

I was accosted by a neighbor regarding an altercation thier children and my children had in which the police were called. I had basically told these people to remove themselves from my property and call the police if they wanted to continue.

Long story short, the LEO knocked on my door, which I answered with my 1911 on my hip. His eyes got somewhat bigger, and we had a very pleasant conversation regarding the altercation. He assured me no charges were to be filed, and to make sure I gave my daughter kudos for defending herself, and the conversation turned to firearms. I asked him what he carried, what BUG he had, where and how often he shoots and invited him to our next IDPA shoot. He asked me several questions regarding what I carried and when, where I shoot, etc, etc. Very good conversation with what I consider a LEO with his head screwed on straight.

Even better, on Thursdaya couple friends and Iwere invited to shoot with the Colorado Troopers on thier quarterly qualifying shoot by Capt Duran of the Glenwood Springs 4C troop. We are going to set up the IDPA classifier andhave them shoot it, we will see how they do!

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Awesome! I'll be moving to Colorado in about 4-5 months. Can't wait ;)

Bebop

imported post

I miss the Western slope. People out there are more gun friendly then around the Metro area. It is always nice to hear a positive LEO story. Are you guys going to the Glenwood range? I ask because my hometown is Glenwood.

Kimberdude

imported post

Unfortunately, did not shoot with Troopers, weather really sucked, roads were terrible and they all did a very quick shoot and were back out on the roads working.

Oh well, there is the next one.....