• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good idea for good PR

newsguy

imported post

I'm kinda new to this forum, though I've been reading it for several months. I just noticed on a different part of opencarry a story about a Georgia open carry group adopting a section of highway for litter clean up under the Adopt a Highway program. I thought it sounded like a good way to show non-gun folks that we're not a bunch of nuts, just regular people who care about safety and our rights. Any thoughts about trying to get something like that organized here? I'd be willing to get the ball rolling if there's enough interest.

George

Bebop

imported post

We were talking about doing something like that tied in with our Spring OC BBQ. Sounded like people were interested. Maybe I should take this up myself. How about a list of people willing to volunteer to do litter pick up. I will look into what it takes to do the adopt-a-highway program. Maybe we could do this the Saturday before our BBQ, or even the day of depending on the timing of everything.

Edit to add: I checked the application and need ideas for road sections we are interested in adopting. What I need is the highway #, county the road section is in, and approx. mile markers of the area we are interested in adopting. So keep your eyes out for available roads and obviously not in the Denver Co. area.