• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amendment targets minority residents of Chicago neighborhood

suntzu

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
If you believe in equal rights, you're not going to like this

html,body { border: 0px; } Seattle Gun Rights Examiner strikes again:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m3d25-Illinois-Assembly-considering-racist-bill-aimed-at-minority-neighborhood-in-Chicago

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://tinyurl.com/d3alat
about right that something like this would come out of the Communist state of Illinois.

and as long as the people put up with it--this type of trash will continue.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

as I understand the proposedlaw, it would change almost nothing, as people in those zip codes are already prohibited the possession of most or all of the firearms that would beprohibited in the proposedlaw.

Dave Workman

imported post

ilbob wrote:
as I understand the proposed law, it would change almost nothing, as people in those zip codes are already prohibited the possession of most or all of the firearms that would be prohibited in the proposed law.

Bob, The whole point of the column is that suddenly those people are being SINGLED OUT by zip code.
This proposed amendment would create a state-level felony crime for people IN THOSE ZIP CODES, setting them apart from everyone else.
Well, what's up with that?
Evidently, Thapedi has never heard of the 14th Amendment. Equal protection.

This is the insidious nature of gun control laws.
May as well make every resident in those zip code areas wear a star on their coats.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
ilbob wrote:
as I understand the proposedlaw, it would change almost nothing, as people in those zip codes are already prohibited the possession of most or all of the firearms that would beprohibited in the proposedlaw.

Bob, The whole point of the column is that suddenly those people are being SINGLED OUT by zip code.
This proposed amendment would create a state-level felony crime for people IN THOSE ZIP CODES, setting them apart from everyone else.
Well, what's up with that?
Evidently, Thapedi has never heard of the 14th Amendment. Equal protection.

This is the insidious nature of gun control laws.
May as well make every resident in those zip code areas wear a star on their coats.
They have already been singled out for their 2A rights being all but eliminated just by virtue of living in Chicago. How is it any worse if their rights are denied by virtue of being in a geographic area defined by zip codes as opposed to a geographic area defined by the borders of a municipality?

pejames42

imported post

about right that something like this would come out of the Communist state of Illinois.

and as long as the people put up with it--this type of trash will continue.
Amen Brother!! I have been saying the same thing since I moved here in 99 and found out that the Communist State of Chicago dictated for the whole State!!! Unreal... I am contemplating moving to MO just to get away from this Mid-West Dictatorship that has now spilled into the most powerful place in the country. People of this country NEED to be scared!!! It is going to get much worse from here. Cap and Tradehere!!!