Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA offering free 1 yr. membership!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

The life memberships offered here are $500, but you can get a 1 yr. membership absolutely free, just give name and address. You don't even have to pay for anything.

They don't even ask for a credit card number.

Post imported post

Hmm....what's the catch. I put it through with fake info and it took it, no questions asked. But are they going to send you a bill?

It almost looks like some kind of phishing site for your personal info....especially how it doesn't validate addresses or anything.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Hmm....what's the catch. I put it through with fake info and it took it, no questions asked. But are they going to send you a bill?

It almost looks like some kind of phishing site for your personal info....especially how it doesn't validate addresses or anything.
    They do free memberships every once in awhile. About a year and a half ago they were offering free 1 yr memberships to military members.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    The catch is to solicit new members......

....who will continue their membership the following year and pay the dues.
    Exactly.
    It's like cell phone companies. Sure here's a free phone..but we'll get you for $50-100 a month.
    For the rest of your life.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

gears2 wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:
    The catch is to solicit new members......

....*who will continue their membership the following year and pay the dues.
    Exactly.
    It's like cell phone companies. Sure here's a free phone..but we'll get you for $50-100 a month.
    For the rest of your life.
    Except you're not locked into a contract.

The hope is that you'll continue paying once the free year is up. But you're not contractually obligated to pay.

Post imported post

Exactly, I think it's a good thing despite some of the negatives you read from someone dissatisfied with the NRA, they have been in place longer for firearms rights than any other constituant.. I'm a member and sent that link to everyone in my address box..GOOD POST Zigziggityzoo !!

Post imported post

I just signed up....

Post imported post

I did too. Maybe enough of us OC'ers join, the NRA will decide to get behind our movement

Post imported post

I think they're trying to lick their wounds since Obama got elected. Makes sense, to try to boost numbers. They need every advantage they can get these days. Not that I like the Negotiate Rights Away association, but it is a sensible move by them.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

It does not appear to limit to just new memberships either. Renewals also?

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned

Post imported post

It's free, and I still don't want it.

Edit: I'd rather join GOA or JPFO.

Post imported post

well, there's no rule that says ya can't join 'em all

Banned

Post imported post

Sure there is.

II. Subsection 3a: **** the NRA.

You might want to check the rulebook again.

Activist Member

Post imported post

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.ph...light=free+NRA

For anyone concerned that it is a phishing scam, read this thread, which includes people contacting the NRA to verify it and doing whois and a few other things. It seems to be legit.

Post imported post

I was planning to join this year anyway so this makes it easy.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:

For anyone concerned that it is a phishing scam, read this thread, which includes people contacting the NRA to verify it and doing whois and a few other things. It seems to be legit.
    Making a phone call to the NRA to sign up my older step-son for an NRA Junior Membership, I inquired about the free 1 year membership. As a result, I went back to the website & signed up my wife & my dad for a free 1 year membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Keep going folks, I've been a member for several years now and I feel that they truely are on our side,"" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing at all "".. Don't know who I borrowed that quote from , but it's a good one!!

Banned

Post imported post

Unless you like black guns, full auto, suppressors, like to carry, don't hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

catass wrote: ++++ in a nut shell awesomely convincing.. If your talking down the NRA, you're talking down the 2nd Amendment!!

Banned

Post imported post

**** the NRA with a plunger.

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    If your talking down the NRA, you're talking down the 2nd Amendment!!
    That could only be valid if the NRA's positions were consistent with the 2nd Amendment. Unfortunately, they're not.

"Reasonable restrictions" and "enforcing the laws we already have" are repugnant to both the letter and spirit of the 2nd Amendment and the larger right to keep and bear arms.

Edit to add: I am an NRA member. But the truth is the truth, and the truth is that the NRA compromises on the 2nd.

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:

whois.com is a good site. Check and see who owns the domain name of other sites, which in that case turned out to be the nra, which I did before anything else.

Post imported post

Signed up.

Banned

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Felid`Maximus wrote:

whois.com is a good site. Check and see who owns the domain name of other sites, which in that case turned out to be the nra, which I did before anything else.
    Yeah, because it's so hard to put false info in your WHOIS data... Why, it's almost as easy as lying on the internet.. Wait, that's precisely what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast