• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA offering free 1 yr. membership!

KBCraig

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
If your talking down the NRA, you're talking down the 2nd Amendment!!

That could only be valid if the NRA's positions were consistent with the 2nd Amendment. Unfortunately, they're not.

"Reasonable restrictions" and "enforcing the laws we already have" are repugnant to both the letter and spirit of the 2nd Amendment and the larger right to keep and bear arms.

Edit to add: I am an NRA member. But the truth is the truth, and the truth is that the NRA compromises on the 2nd.

NightOwl

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=437749&highlight=free+NRA

For anyone concerned that it is a phishing scam, read this thread, which includes people contacting the NRA to verify it and doing whois and a few other things. It seems to be legit.
whois.com is a good site. Check and see who owns the domain name of other sites, which in that case turned out to be the nra, which I did before anything else.

Aran

Banned
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Felid`Maximus wrote:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=437749&highlight=free+NRA

For anyone concerned that it is a phishing scam, read this thread, which includes people contacting the NRA to verify it and doing whois and a few other things. It seems to be legit.
whois.com is a good site. Check and see who owns the domain name of other sites, which in that case turned out to be the nra, which I did before anything else.
Yeah, because it's so hard to put false info in your WHOIS data... Why, it's almost as easy as lying on the internet.. Wait, that's precisely what it is.

Alexcabbie

imported post

DO join the NRA if you have not already. A membership here or with GOA or VCDL (although it is important to be in those numbers also) will produce a condescending smile and a snicker from an anti. Show them an NRA membership card, on the other hand, and they damned near go ballistic. And that's the proof of that pudding.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Personally, I think it's more important to support your state level 2A rights organization (AZCDL around here) than ANY of the national level ones. All of the most infringing gun laws are state and local laws.

I am also an NRA member, and plan to become a GOA member as well. I'd really love to see some (I love to see all, but I try to stay realistic) of the federal laws repealed or relaxed, but I'm far more interested in seeing changes at the state level where I live. Arizona is one of the better states when it comes to gun rights, but it's certainly not perfect, and there are some pretty glaring issues I'd like to see addressed.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
Personally, I think it's more important to support your state level 2A rights organization (AZCDL around here) than ANY of the national level ones. All of the most infringing gun laws are state and local laws.

I am also an NRA member, and plan to become a GOA member as well. I'd really love to see some (I love to see all, but I try to stay realistic) of the federal laws repealed or relaxed, but I'm far more interested in seeing changes at the state level where I live. Arizona is one of the better states when it comes to gun rights, but it's certainly not perfect, and there are some pretty glaring issues I'd like to see addressed.
True 'dat, o brother Slayer. But the NRA is the lead org where the staving off of FEDERAL overreaching and infringement is concerned. There are those here who bash the NRA, but face it, without the NRA we would be majorly effed.