• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA offering free 1 yr. membership!

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm....what's the catch. I put it through with fake info and it took it, no questions asked. But are they going to send you a bill?

It almost looks like some kind of phishing site for your personal info....especially how it doesn't validate addresses or anything.

jwidman

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Hmm....what's the catch. I put it through with fake info and it took it, no questions asked. But are they going to send you a bill?

It almost looks like some kind of phishing site for your personal info....especially how it doesn't validate addresses or anything.

They do free memberships every once in awhile. About a year and a half ago they were offering free 1 yr memberships to military members.

Sheriff

imported post

The catch is to solicit new members......

....who will continue their membership the following year and pay the dues.

gears2

imported post

Sheriff wrote:

....who will continue their membership the following year and pay the dues.
Exactly.
It's like cell phone companies. Sure here's a free phone..but we'll get you for $50-100 a month.
For the rest of your life.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gears2 wrote:
Sheriff wrote:

.... who will continue their membership the following year and pay the dues.
Exactly.
It's like cell phone companies. Sure here's a free phone..but we'll get you for $50-100 a month.
For the rest of your life.

Except you're not locked into a contract.

The hope is that you'll continue paying once the free year is up. But you're not contractually obligated to pay.

Carnivore

imported post

Exactly, I think it's a good thing despite some of the negatives you read from someone dissatisfied with the NRA, they have been in place longer for firearms rights than any other constituant.. I'm a member and sent that link to everyone in my address box..GOOD POST Zigziggityzoo !!

Michigander

imported post

I think they're trying to lick their wounds since Obama got elected. Makes sense, to try to boost numbers. They need every advantage they can get these days. Not that I like the Negotiate Rights Away association, but it is a sensible move by them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It does not appear to limit to just new memberships either. Renewals also?

Hmmmmm. We'll see.

Yata hey

FightingGlock19

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=437749&highlight=free+NRA

For anyone concerned that it is a phishing scam, read this thread, which includes people contacting the NRA to verify it and doing whois and a few other things. It seems to be legit.
Making a phone call to the NRA to sign up my older step-son for an NRA Junior Membership, I inquired about the free 1 year membership. As a result, I went back to the website & signed up my wife & my dad for a free 1 year membership.

Carnivore

imported post

Keep going folks, I've been a member for several years now and I feel that they truely are on our side,"" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing at all "".. Don't know who I borrowed that quote from , but it's a good one!!