• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul predicts 15-yr depression, dollar crash in 1-4 yrs

Huck

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Much as I like keeping up with this sort of thing, its off topic for this forum.

Since I'm already posting I'll take a moment to shamelessly add: hunt up the YouTube video that is segment 3/3 of Ron Pauls interview on Liberty Watch on Fox. You can watch all three segments in order, in fact I recommend you do. But pay particular attention to what Ron Paul says starting at the 7:20 mark or so of segment three. It will knock your socks off.

With that said, I think I'll introduce my new tag line:

If we are not active in other political areas, we guarantee that we will have to use the 2nd Amendment to protect ourselves.

Michigander

imported post

Citizen, I believe it's actually right on topic. A full blown depression, which I very much agree that we're entering, thanks to NAFTA and the Fed, will have enormous impacts on crime, and will therefor have an impact on open carrying. Could theoretically actually make you a target, or it could be a better way to stay safe. Either way, I think it will make a difference to us. Also, increased crime always brings about idiots wanting gun bans. Hugely significant, any way I see it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Citizen, I believe it's actually right on topic. A full blown depression, which I very much agree that we're entering, thanks to NAFTA and the Fed, will have enormous impacts on crime, and will therefor have an impact on open carrying. Could theoretically actually make you a target, or it could be a better way to stay safe. Either way, I think it will make a difference to us. Also, increased crime always brings about idiots wanting gun bans. Hugely significant, any way I see it.

Yes, but John or Mike tweaked the rules again a little while back:

NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks!

Honestly, I could spend hours and hoursdiscussing the stuff in this thread. But, as John and Mike's guest, I haveta abide by their wishes.

canadian

imported post

Huck wrote:
Too bad the leftist media didnt give him the coverage he deserves last year. Maybe then we would'nt have the Chicago Buffoon in the White House.

I think you mean the corporate media. They don't actually care which party is in power, just so long as they do as they are told.